VP, Agency Development
New York City, NY /
Sales – Client Partnerships (International) /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV is currently seeking an extremely well connected, dynamic and experienced sales professional for the newly created role of VP, Agency Development. Based in New York they will have senior relationships within the 6 largest agency holding companies.
This team member will initially be an individual contributor but over time it is expected that they will build out a team to manage the ever increasing demand. The role will be selling the benefits of our unique TV data for planning, measurement, attribution and media activation.
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen and understand the planning, audience modeling, measurement and attribution needs of global brands, agencies and ad tech platforms to develop strong agency relationships. They will be seen as an indispensable consultative thought leader, and meet and exceed revenue expectations.
The role will report to the SVP, Global Commercial Partnerships based in London.
- Present Samba TV’s media, data and analytics solutions to key decision makers within agencies in order to increase the use of Samba TV products and services for both new and existing clients.
- Position and maintain Samba TV as a thought leader in the TV data analytics category – recognized and sought after by both agencies and brands.
- Produce accurate revenue forecasts and consistently meet / exceed goals.
- Lead the full sales process from lead generation through to contract close.
- Manage agency commercial negotiations.
- Collaborate with internal teams, working together to keep projects on track and resolving issues as they arise, connecting the dots between products and partners.
- Thereafter manage the ongoing relationship.
- Partner with the internal media sales teams selling into the agency account teams to ensure agency clients see the benefits of the entire Samba TV product suite.
- Partner with the Brand sales team to elicit leads from the agencies and work collaboratively with the Brand team to close themParticipate where relevant in Upfront / Newfronts and industry events.
- Extremely well networked amongst the senior management of the major agency holding companies especially within the Measurement, Analytics and Investment teams.
- Must have a proven track record of meeting / exceeding revenue goals, client retention, and new business development success.
- Intellectually curious – Demonstrated ability to keep up with market trends and adapts approach to the environment.
- Sell comfortably in a team-sell format to C-level executives of large corporations (up to C-level i.e., SVPs, VPs, Director levels across marketing, CRM, Analytics Teams, and Media and Advertising).
- Hands-on experience developing and leading multi-level strategic customer relationships driven by successful delivery of high value solutions which have yielded tangible business results (increased revenue, new market penetration, & increased market share).
- Able to operate comfortably across different client disciplines from Brand Management, Media, Research and Analytics, Data/Marketing Sciences, Product Management, Sales, Technology, Finance and Corporate Strategy.
- 10+ years of experience selling to ad agencies and brands, with a strong emphasis on digital and TV In depth knowledge of the Ad-tech and Mar-tech ecosystem and how brands and agencies connect use the technology to achieve their goals.
- Executive presence – ability to communicate with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Understanding of quota assignment and compensation policies.
- Ability to strategically manage complex situations and formulate executable solutions in short time frames.
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Fluency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and CRM tools required.
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!