Senior Director of Creative
San Francisco, CA /
Core Operations – Design /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV’s Marketing team is seeking a Senior Director of Design. This individual will lead the team that sets the visual standard and brand for Samba TV, a rapidly growing technology company. The ideal candidate should have experience leading a team of designers, elevating a brand, instilling process discipline, aligning creative strategy to business objectives, prioritizing workflows, and has successfully demonstrated turning ideas into inspiring world-class creative.
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Shape and evolve the overall design culture, vision, principles, and processes for Samba TV.
- Lead Design team by hiring, mentoring, and growing the careers of Samba TV designers.
- Build a strong team culture while ensuring that the team is performing at a high level.
- Collaborate with Design team members to develop beautiful creative for all things marketing including collateral, social images, web design, videos, events, email blasts, and more.
- Be a player/coach as needed, sometimes individually leading strategic projects as the primary designer.
- Push the boundaries of the Design team’s visual execution and explore new ideas. Represent the Design team effectively, and substantiate the work and the decisions behind them.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define brand strategy and vision. Develop relationships to understand the needs of partner teams, and use these insights to design compelling creative.
- Iterate on Samba TV’s brand strategy & guidelines, and adhere to design principles with a high attention to detail.
- Instill project management discipline for various teams that work with Design, including using JIRA and other tools/processes.
- Minimum of several years experience as a Design Director (or executive-level) working at creative agencies, technology companies, or start-ups
- Experience building and leading high-performance creative design teams
- An exceptional design portfolio demonstrating strong strategic conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- High design IQ and extensive experience working with design tools (ex: Adobe) to create marketing assets
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
- Ability to stretch the limits of what’s possible creatively, while staying true to Samba TV’s brand guidelines and core values
- Thrive in a fast-changing work environment
- Passionate about instilling discipline, such as ensuring adherence to using project management tools (ex: JIRA)
- Experience presenting and defending work to senior executives
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in design, or related field
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!