Director, Business Operations
San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago /
Core Operations – Business Operations /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV is looking for a self-motivated, analytical and strategically minded Director, Business Operations to join our team. Reporting to Samba TV's Chief of Staff, this is a high-visibility role where the successful candidate will establish and eventually build out the Business Operations team as a critical resource to Samba TV's Executive Team as well as other teams through the company. This role will own a range of cross-functional strategic, analytical, and operational projects.
Business Operations works across all teams at Samba to drive and enable the growth of the business. We are internal consultants who can parachute into any problem area, dig in and fix it. We help build and drive processes to help the company scale including QBRs, OKRs, and defining and tracking key performance indicators to assess the success of business initiatives and hold our teams accountable for delivering results. We lead mission-critical, cross-functional efforts, deliver objective analysis and insights, incubate new roles, and execute on strategic initiatives. We help teams by gathering relevant context/data and building sound financial models to inform the right course of action. We may dig into winning new market segments, design new business systems and processes to scale Samba, help define, evaluate and launch new products, or unlock new revenue opportunities. Whatever it is, we work on what will move the needle most for Samba.
Responsibilities (Included but not limited to):
- Create opportunities for synergies across the business such as developing business models, organizational design and cross-functional initiatives to drive long-term business sustainability.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision-making with leadership.
- Develop and track KPIs across the company to drive accountability, track strategic goals, milestones and performance.
- Understand product performance through dashboards and data that you create or gather, and drive cross-functional resolutions to operational issues.
- Gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans and help drive and translate recommendations into results.
- Create and manage forecasting models for products and initiatives, in close collaboration with Product, GTM, and executive teams.
- Build the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions related to all functions.
- Run organizational planning and business rhythm process in alignment with all other functions to develop vision, mission, goals, objectives and key results (OKRs), resource and capital plans, etc.
- Closely partner with R&D teams and leadership to provide key input into potential product development and forming a commercial strategy for product roadmaps.
- New Opportunities: Explore new markets and business models through industry trends, historical trends, forward-looking forecasts, competitive assessment, etc. and build/evaluate recommendations for strategic growth and monetization.
- M&A: Assist with merger & acquisition activities with a focus on due diligence and post-deal integration.
- Strategic Partnerships: Assess and develop potential strategic partnerships from technology and GTM perspective.
- Internal Consultant: Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders, management, and various related departments be able to optimize team performance.
- Project Management: Take complete ownership of projects/ programs from cradle to grave: business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones.
- Maximize business performance: Develop in-depth understanding for what drives growth and leverage insights to drive the future direction.
- Establish an operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives.
- Business Process Improvement: Manage a centralized repository of processes and improve processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations.
Reporting, Metrics, and KPIs
- 4+ years of work experience at a top tier management consulting firm
- BA/BD degree from a top school, MBA preferred
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Experience solving real-world business and product problems using advanced Excel modeling and relational databases.
- Practical business understanding with genuine passion for technology, big data, and/or entrepreneurship. Experience (or desire to learn) about working with large datasets is a plus.
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Excel wizard
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the media and advertising sector, SaaS, DaaS is a plus.
- You code.
- Experience writing SQL queries for data analysis.
- You have a high-energy, team-first attitude and motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business.
- You are proactive and relentless; independently capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- You have a tireless work ethic.
- You are a self-starter and quick learner with entrepreneurial drive and appreciation of technical, business, and commercial issues.
- You are a strategic thinker with excellent business judgment and strong product intuition.
- You are a strong leader who can corral a group to execute against an initiative while never hesitating to roll up your own sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- You thrive under pressure.
- You’re incredibly detail-oriented, but are always focused on the big picture
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!