Data Engineer, Identity Resolution
Data – Data Engineer /
International Full Time Employee
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
At SambaTV, we deal with data at serious scale — on a continuous basis, we ingest, process, and make sense of incoming viewership data from millions of smart televisions, as well as value-enhancing data from our numerous partners. The Identity team is responsible for ingesting, processing and matching TV and partner data at SambaTV.
As a Data Engineer on this team, you will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining our data pipelines and algorithms. There will be terabytes of data to work on, so experience in big data environments is a huge plus. You will be expected to work closely alongside members of the data team, leveraging your programming and data expertise to help improve matching algorithms. When clients and internal stakeholders have complex questions about the data, you’ll be giving them answers. If there is an issue with the quality of the data or our processing, you’ll be investigating. If visualisations are required, you’ll produce them.
- Manage, track and push client integrations end-to-end
- Develop, maintain and improve the matching algorithms
- Document data from various sources, formats and clients
- Assist client success on a technical level
- Create and manage platform-specific APIs
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, storage, and retrieval processes for our core systems
- Build tools, infrastructure, frameworks and services
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 years of relevant professional experience) and demonstrated field experience in computer science/engineering
- Experience with Cloud computing (Google Cloud, Amazon AWS)
- Experience with querying language (SQL)
- Excellent problem solving skills. Ability to interpret and analyze data.
- You have a positive attitude, are flexible and well organised
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
Bonus (if you have)
- Experience working with databases and data structures
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!