Manager, Sales Operations
San Francisco, CA /
Core Operations – Finance /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
In this critical role our Sales Operations Lead will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for the development of two sales operations team members. The primary responsibility of this role will be to structure, align and optimize our revenue efforts across sales and post sales teams.
In this role you will be empowered to recommend, scope and implement cross-functional processes and systems changes which will have a direct impact on our operational efficiency. You will also ensure that relevant teams have a holistic view of true sales performance, enabling our teams to quickly diagnose issues or opportunities. You will equip the sales team for weekly, monthly and quarterly sales and pipeline reports to create maximal visibility and understanding of our revenue operations.
- Be the expert on Samba TV sales process. Develop concise, clear process documentation. Provide training and leadership on Samba TV sales process and methodology
- Partner with sales leadership to define & quantify quarterly team objectives & performance
- Manage end-to-end sales planning -- from market sizing, account segmentation, forecasting, and prospect tracking through to revenue realization
- Design, coordinate, and deliver periodic reporting to c-suite and sales leadership teams focusing on both leading and lagging metrics
- Oversee Samba TV client relationship management platform
- Review and develop a plan for implementation of new CRM that meets the companies needs in the short and long-term
- Revenue management to help determine trade offs between in-year opportunities across ad portfolio with strategic partners (also known as yield management)
- Identify & size new go-to-market opportunities in partnership with sales leadership
- Serve as the strategic partner to sales, post-sales teams and marketing operations
- Support Business Operations Analysts in owning end-to-end compensation, incentive compensation and commission agreements and deal desk processes for our sales orgs
- Serve as the business architect and project manager for Sales and GTM process design requests; you will lead projects from start to finish ensuring successful completion
- Maintain scalability, drive automation, and ensure accuracy of various operational processes. Examples include territory assignments, pipeline management, identification of high value accounts, tool management, data enrichment, optimization of a high-throughput deal desk, contract management, comp design & commissions, and accelerating demand gen funnel in conjunction with marketing operations
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles. Experience with digital advertising is a plus
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills. Sales forecasting and/or financial modeling experience in MS Excel required.
- You are highly proficient in Salesforce, Excel, and PowerPoint and are technically savvy with other data systems (like Xactly, CaptivateIQ, Outreach, Gong/Chorus, and Clari)
- 2+ years experience in a team lead or management position
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business & product challenges
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly & easily
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong understanding of a B2B SaaS sales cycle and customer journey with associated metrics
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Samba TV. You relish operating independently and with multiple teams relying on you
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-tasks with a sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate data into meaningful insight: You know how to craft compelling presentations and can lead executives through data deep-dives
- You work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives, creative approaches, and multiple competing deadlines. You are unfazed by ambiguity and can adapt quickly to change.
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!