San Francisco, CA /
Core Operations – Executive /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV is the emerging leader in TV data, analytics and omniscreen advertising. We are thriving in the fastest growing segment of the media economy -- connected TV. We are looking for the leader and operator of a global revenue organization composed of field sales, inside sales and channel sales that can provide the business with strong performance, visibility and predictable results quarter-after-quarter.
Reporting to our CEO, we're looking for a Vice President and Head of Marketing who can passionately lead our efforts to redefine television with the power of big data. This role is strategic, quantitative and systematic in its function with the right blend of team leadership and results-oriented creativity that expands our market position and accelerates demand generation. This person is primarily responsible for growth, deploying campaigns that drive visibility and performance, while making rapid optimizations tied back to clarity and focus on our true north objectives. Systematic, measurable growth, leveraging marketing programs as well as well-formed sales enablement materials/processes that are tightly managed and coaxed through a global sales effort.
The VP of Marketing at Samba TV is an executive management role working closely with heads of product, business development and sales and covers the full range of marketing expertise from demand generation to branding, content marketing, product marketing (positioning and pricing) and lead generation. Our marketing channels currently include paid media, earned media, PR, industry events, sales collateral, industry playbooks, white papers, customer case studies, videos, social media, industry insights reports and customer advisory boards. It is important for us to see how a candidate has implemented marketing technology and measurement processes in recent work experiences with a deep, technical, hands-on level of understanding of both the implementation and operations of a martech stack. We care more about how you and your team would optimize campaign metrics in real-time than how great your last piece of corporate schwag looks. Please tell us about the martech vendors you’ve used, what you like, and which ones you’ve disqualified and why.
Responsibilities (Included but not limited to):
- Ownership of the process to create brand, positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation and sales assets to ensure a persistent – and consistent – voice in the market
- Initiate and drive campaigns and account-based marketing programs from inception through optimization and measurement
- Strong understanding of measurement approaches and track-record for implementing data-driven, quantifiable lead generation activities.
- Define thought leadership and content development of white-papers, article bylines, blogs, case studies, speaking submissions, awards
- Collaborate with Sales leadership to define prospect journey and content strategy to accelerate funnel progression from prospects to a marketing qualified lead to client conversion
- Coordinate public relations efforts with strategic editorial calendar themes
- Ensure marketing decisions and investments are analytically based on business intelligence; communicate results, monitor performance and optimize on an ongoing basis
- Lead and manage 1st and 3rd party marketing events including identification of speaking opportunities to expand thought leadership platform and lead generation efforts
- Integrate marketing tools and technology to improve marketing operations and reporting
- Build and develop a high-performance marketing organization
- Balance a practical mindset with creative business acumen and lead people through complex marketing operations
- A proven marketer with a digital DNA and the ability to lead a data-driven strategy to accelerate growth, enhance customer experience, and maximize the value of existing customers
- 7-10 years of relevant marketing and/or product marketing experience
- Have a deep understanding of marketing, community management, and advertising technologies
- An exceptional people leader. They have an innate ability to motivate and empower teams by setting clearly defined processes, targets, and goals. They have a deep network and the ability to attract star-talent to the organization
- Experience with data platforms and data driven solutions for the marketing ecosystem, with experience in SaaS marketing to enterprise customers preferred
- Have a quantitative approach and proven ability to ensuring a strong ROI
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work with and influence people at all levels of an organization including executive management, sales, business development and product
- A proven track record of aligning the organization around the brand and marketing strategy
- Mastery of data analysis and spreadsheets is a must
- Experience aligning campaign strategy with corporate and product strategy while striking a balance with tactical execution and attention to detail
- Proven ability to effectively execute integrated, streamlined marketing programs within timelines and budgets
- Experience managing events including sponsorships, speaking engagements, trade shows and conferences
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally with a desire to build and launch programs in key territories
- Experience driving revenue with a limited budget and small team of marketing specialists
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!