Chief Revenue Officer
San Francisco, CA /
Core Operations – Executive /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV is the emerging leader in TV data, analytics and omniscreen advertising. We are thriving in the fastest growing segment of the media economy -- connected TV. We are looking for the leader and operator of a global revenue organization composed of field sales, inside sales and channel sales that can provide the business with strong performance, visibility and predictable results quarter-after-quarter.
The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) at Samba TV is an executive position that manages all revenue generating personnel in our Audience (Media) and Data Licensing teams, and operational functions to support our sales velocity and productivity.
We are looking for revenue leadership built on operational excellence -- customer devotion, productivity maximized and data driven. A leader who demands outstanding performance from every member of the team and provides the foundation and opportunity for great outcomes.
Well-established methodology for productivity and deep experience in managing a team of very accomplished individual contributors, globally distributed and looking for mentorship, guidance and career growth. To complement their skills and interests, we want a sales leader who can translate our strong traction into lasting growth and massive scale.
Furthermore, our long-term success relies on clear, actionable feedback and strong working rapport with our marketing and product organizations. We are a first-mover in a high-growth category and need scalable and sustainable revenue generation, built on strong customer relationships and referenceable successes and case-studies.
Our CRO owns global revenues which include:
+ Data as a Service (DaaS) sales to major media companies, advertisers and platforms
+ Media Sales to brands/agencies globally
+ Client Services to support client engagement, renewals and upsells
Our CRO is responsible for (or directly influences):
+ Overseeing transactional and subscription sales motions
+Revenue and forecasting
+ Major revenue partnerships and channels
+ Customer success and renewals
+ Sales training and enablement
+ Sales operations and reporting
Define Revenue Strategy:
+ Defining ideal buyers, selecting markets competitively and setting top-down goals and metrics
+ Building and adapting a revenue architecture that aligns with the business architecture as the business strategy and Media & SaaS offering portfolio evolves
+ Partnering with the senior team to define differentiated offerings and go-to-market strategies
+ Develop brand and value proposition positioning that articulate the solutions and products portfolio, corporate brand message and value differentiators
+ Defining the go-to-market model including how to access customers, and influencers and organize channels and teams
+ Craft sales and demand generation strategies including programs to maximize revenue performance from existing and prospective customers
Within the executive team, you report to our CEO, adjacent to our CTO, CFO, and heads of Business Development, Product and Operations.
- You’ve managed high performing sales teams using modern approaches and technology. You know how to build and optimize a strong team that consistently meets and exceeds expectations
- You can develop and execute a sales strategy that aligns with the overall goals of the business
- You know how to inspire a team and take the time to develop and support them
- You believe many problems can be solved with technology and stay on the absolute cutting edge to find new and creative methods to support your team, but you also know that your best resources are the people on your team
- Your CEO trusts you because you measure everything- not to satisfy others, but to satisfy yourself. You use data to make better decisions and drive results. You are not afraid to experiment and fail because you use it to learn and drive improvement and the risks you take are calculated
- You create a culture of accountability by setting the right metrics and tying company performance, compensation, and promotions to tangible results
Qualifications (Including but not limited to):
- Relevant industry experience a benefit but not essential
- Demonstrable leadership experience in Channel and Direct Sales with a track record of significant, predictable revenue growth for a quickly growing company or a division
- Proven success in past leadership roles- running global revenue organizations, managing non-US teams, developing people, growing revenue, driving career progression
- A clear ability to lead teams in meeting deadlines and exceeding goals
- Strong career progression showing growth and success throughout your career
- Experience and comfort with ambiguity
- Great communication skills
- High levels of integrity and judgment
- A tireless mentality. You are a motivated, confident, determined professional
- The ability and willingness to motivate a team online and travel globally as necessary
- An ambitious nature and the desire to excelA willingness to learn new things
- Flexibility, creativity and an understanding that there is no rule book for building great companies
- A strong and proven record of problem solving and proactive process improvement
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!