Director of Engineering, Data Platform and Products
San Francisco, CA /
Data – Data Engineer /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are in search of a proven technical leader to champion the growth and success of our Data Technology teams comprising both engineers and data scientists.
As a Director of Engineering within the Data Division, you will oversee several technical teams with members located in the US and in Europe that focus on some key areas including measurement, analytics, and our core data platforms. You will play an active role in directing all aspects of engineering activities, projects, and initiatives within your organization. Furthermore, you will play an integral part in shaping our technology roadmap, as well as our engineering culture. Finally, you will report to the VP of Engineering and will have a voice in the technological agenda for the company.
- Manage multiple teams of managers, software/data engineers, and data scientists who build and operate high quality production systems processing large amounts of data that ultimately powers our products and services
- Work with engineering and product leadership to achieve alignment on Product and Technology roadmaps and technical strategy
- Lead new innovations in viewership measurement and analytics
- Collaborate with leaders/teams in other divisions to tackle larger initiatives
- Proactively manage technical and privacy/compliance risks in order to minimize customer and partner impact
- Establish service level agreements (SLAs) and operating level agreements in alignment with company objectives and customer needs
- You have a significant number of years of technical leadership and software engineering management experience
- You have led multidisciplinary technical teams of 10+ engineers/scientists across multiple time zones
- You have a proven ability to attract and mentor great managers and senior ICs
- You are a strong written and oral communicator
- You have a strong analytical mind, have a deep connection with data
- You have have experience with Data at Scale system architecture at scale and familiarity with modern Data Warehousing and Interactive Analytics solutions
- You possess a strong command of a programming language or two – while we code primarily in Python, we acknowledge that engineers with sound fundamentals can pick up new languages relatively quickly.
- Can still code effectively if needed and can produce thoughtful and meaningful code and design reviews
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!