San Francisco, CA /
Core Operations – Executive /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are looking for a leader who will come in as our VP, People and report directly to the SVP Operations. This executive will be responsible for the People function which includes Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, & Workplace Experience, which together encompass the entire employee lifecycle. You will drive the vision and strategy of the People team along with all related implementation, ensuring Samba TV employees have all they need to deliver on our goals and long-term vision.
In this role you will be empowered to recommend, scope and implement cross-functional processes and systems changes which will have a direct impact on our operational efficiency to scale our business as we evolve . You will also ensure that relevant teams have a holistic view of company and disciplines amongst teams, enabling our teams to quickly diagnose issues or opportunities.
Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- As the VP People, you will collaborate with our Leadership team to create and revamp existing processes to facilitate employee recruiting, growth, happiness and drive People initiatives that align with business objectives and key results. We are looking for someone who can push the boundaries of excellence to help break down barriers, drive consensus and execute decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for driving performance and results with ethics and integrity. Working with HR to implement company-wide People programs and initiatives (e.g., compensation & benefit reviews, equity programs, workforce planning, employee and manager training, development, retention and engagement strategies and organizational change).
- Establish trusted relationships with the executive team to provide thought leadership regarding organization and people-related strategy and execution.
- Working with Recruiting, Finance, and Marketing to develop employer branding: communicate and strategize on the value proposition of the Company including creating content, assets, and measurement such as ROI tools, pitch decks, demos, competitive briefs and other materials.
- Manage all employees of the People department including talent and facilities and be responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Execute compensation and benefits programs to include salary planning processes, salary surveys and analysis, benefit programs and employee services (perks).
- Compliance: Partner with Info Tech, Finance, and Legal to ensure People policies and practices comply with applicable law, standards and best practices.
- Develop a scalable approach to People Operations in line with business needs, culture and values, including relevant programs addressing global programs, compliance and processes. Ensure we scale not only in a compliant way, but in a manner consistent with and in furtherance of our culture and values.
- Work with team and company leadership in creating and implementing contemporary, data-driven systems that ground People decision-making and strategy in empirical, predictive reality.
- Familiarity with Performance Review practices, implementation, calibration and actionable output
- Continuously thinking about our employees, customers, stakeholders and the business and accepting personal accountability for driving results. Relentless in creating value, identifying and realizing opportunities to achieve superior results for shareholders and stakeholders.
- Facilitate coordination and management of our workspace and facilities operations, including vendor relationships, building maintenance, and ongoing improvements to the space.
- Manage all internal organizational communications
- Minimum of 12+ years in HR/People Operations, building and implementing operational programs. Minimum 6 years experience in Management.
- Track record building and delivering global People programs from the ground up in a fast-growing organization.
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism and roll-up the sleeves mentality.
- Experience in high-growth, pre-IPO, post-IPO environments.
- Strategic vision ability to see where the business is headed and develop programs proactively.
- Strong project management skills ability to translate vision into action.
- Experience successfully developing teams through rapid growth.
- Leadership that inspires and grounds others in a shared purpose.
- Strong communication skills ability to break down complex concepts and clearly explain them internally and externally.
- Great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to details.
- Strategic, structured and human-centered in your approach
- Working knowledge in regards to US and International payroll, medical benefits, Employee Stock Owners Plans (ESOP), HRIS systems controls; International Employment Laws; US labor laws (ERISA)
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!