IT Support Specialist
New York City, NY /
Core Operations – IT /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
The role of the IT Support Specialist team member is a vital part of the Success matrix within the Corp IT department. This role is responsible for providing leadership in user productivity enhancement, maintaining a positive partnership with the virtual helpdesk and “smart hands” support for client technical issues here at Samba TV. The primary goal is to provide support at the “next level” when hands are needed to complete a virtual helpdesk request.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Productivity Enhancement
- Act as a liaison between the end-user and virtual helpdesk support agent when issue arise that requires “smart hands support”.
- Strong understanding in change management strategies based on organizational standards
- Conduct thorough and insightful data analysis with clients to facilitate positive change within clients’ services and daily productivity.
- Support Analytics
- Monitor ticketing systems for support trends and training opportunities where optimization recommendations may apply to user workflow.
- Provide weekly and monthly analytics reporting to management team.
- Audio Visual / Video Conferencing
- Develop corporate AV standards in compliance with Corp IT standard main and field offices (or assist with documentation)
- Design an “easy to approach” UX experience for the user in the various field offices.
- Partner with Operations team to manage capital spending during new or existing AV build outs.
- Ensure that technology is scalable as needs change
- Assist with maintaining servers according to the campus standards, policies and documented procedures
- Monitor systems uptime and provide “smart hands” support when needed
- Assist with documentation of best practices when deploying or upgrading equipment to new sites. This includes OS upgrades.
- General Expectations:
- The ability to effectively communicate with all functional leaders within the organization.
- To maintain a level of organization that allows for agility within our changing environment.
- Weekly check-in with remote support staff for success sessions.
- Weekly or Bi-Weekly check-in with direct management team.
- The ability to recognize potential problems, escalate, and communicate potential solutions if available.
- Associate's degree in Liberal Arts or equivalent relevant experience
- Certification required (Any one certifications: CompTIA, MCP, ACSP, ACTC, ACSA, ACS or CCNA)
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!