Manager, Account Management
New York City, NY /
Client Services – Account Management /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
One of the "most interesting ad-tech upstarts of the year" by Business Insider. Samba TV is uniquely positioned at the forefront of the TV revolution. The way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed, and we're connecting the dots to help better understand audience trends and viewership habits for marketers.
Samba TV is looking for a strategic leader for our Account Management team in New York. This team is responsible for both the pre-sale and post-sale phases of the sales cycle and owns the client relationships/communication for all existing business. This team is also pivotal in ensuring client retention/renewals, as well as driving incremental revenue. As a player/coach, the Manager will focus the AM team to deliver best in class service to our clients, helping define team OKR’s and manage a small book of business themselves.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about the Digital and TV landscape. Also, you embody the Samba values:
- Determination - Have a “get the job done” mentality.
- Intellectual Honesty - Have an unbiased perspective to problem solving.
- Curiosity - You aren’t afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
- Humility - You aren’t afraid to admit what you don’t know and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Results - You want to drive positive outcomes for the business and for the team.
- You’re agile and embrace change.
- You have a team mentality – we win or lose as a team
What You’ll Be Doing:
- As the Manager of the Northeast Account Management team you will be responsible for representing Account Management in major cross-functional initiatives partnering closely with Sales leadership, Ad Ops, and Media Insights teams to establish joint goals and strategies to drive customer satisfaction and retention. Additionally, the Manager will:
- Hire, coach and develop new members of the team, as well as a team of individual contributors to help fine tune their skills and to deliver results for our customers
- Develop opportunities for career paths, performance management and overall growth of the Account Management team
- Be the main point of escalation for your team
- Work with Account Management leadership on account alignment and continually reviewing overall team workload to maintain a healthy balance.
- Identify pain points/process inefficiencies and develop best practices to improve the Account Managers day-to-day
- Be a player/coach by working with Account Management team on a handful of our top tier clients to hit their aggressive KPIs
- Own all campaign communication internally and externally while escalating issues to relevant internal stakeholders as necessary
- Ensure your team is working with Sales and Operations to monitor creative implementation and flawless execution
- Be a resource for customers to rely on in addition to the day-to-day AM
- Conduct weekly 1 on 1's with your pod to go over campaign deliverables, performance, wrap-up decks and upselling opportunities
- Work with internal Revenue teams on Holding Companies, Agency, and Client Upfronts/Rate Cards
- Champion weekly/bi-weekly AM meetings (communicating trends, best practices, etc. to the larger team).
- Drive change by making data driven decisions and holding the team accountable for delivering those changes
- Bachelor's or equivalentIn-depth knowledge of digital advertising and programmatic landscape
- 6+ years account management/media planning experience on the publisher/network/AdTech side managing strategic/top tier accounts
- 2+ years of experience leading a high performing teamStrong people manager, experienced in growing a team by leading by example
- Experience working with cross functional teams (including leadership) to solve escalated issues
- Proven track record of growing accounts and successfully upselling clients by securing incremental revenue.
- Detail oriented with strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- People driven, engaging clients in person and over the phone where appropriate
- Ability to multi-task with a positive can-do attitude
- Resourceful and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Experience in executing campaigns with 1st party and/or 3rd party research
- Experience working on programmatic campaigns and knowledge of the programmatic landscape.
- Strong experience working with DSP’s to troubleshoot programmatic campaign issues.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Salesforce and 3rd party reporting (DCM, Atlas, Innovid, Sizmek, DoubleVerify, IAS, MOAT, etc.)
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!