Research Manager, Media Insights
San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago /
Data – Media Insights /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for data and a love of television. The Research Manager position will be an exciting opportunity to work in a cross-functional and client facing role at an exciting and fast growing startup.
This role supports the Audience Sales and Operations teams by providing audience measurement, consumer insights, campaign optimization, and strategic research support. This role will be responsible for reporting and performance evaluation of advertiser campaigns, in addition to contributing towards greater ad sales research initiatives for Samba.
As a Research Manager, you will work directly with clients and cross functional teams to create and deliver research studies to a wide variety of industries. In addition to duties involved with reporting, you will have an opportunity to help design new products and create more efficient processes. Most importantly, you enjoy working with clients to best serve their research needs and help grow strategic partnerships.
- Consult with clients on research design and implementation
- Provide planned and proactive campaign specific insights to drive business decisions and strategy
- Lead multiple research studies at once and manage deliverables and timelines
- Work with cross functional teams to implement and execute studies
- Communicate with clients, agencies, and publishers to ensure all study materials are collected and implemented appropriately
- Review and analyze large datasets
- Work with Data Analysts and self service tools to ensure data output meets objectives, timelines, and quality standards
- Write and present reports directly to clients
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to evolve research products and processes
- Strategize with the Sales organization to scope research prior to sale
- Support sales with the development of strong positioning stories to highlight the value of our audience media and measurement opportunities
- Are experienced in leading and executing research studies
- Enjoy analyzing data and solving problems
- Are detail-oriented, highly organized, and proactive
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to visualize data in a way that makes it easy for others to understand
- Are interested in advertising media and able to add that context to your reporting
- Can communicate effectively with internal and external clients via email, over the phone, and in-person
- Are comfortable navigating ambiguous situations
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and being a team player
- Are highly driven and excited to work with cutting-edge technology
- Love TV!
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, marketing, psychology, statistics or related area of study
- 3-5 years previous work in client service research role
- Experience in digital or TV advertising research a plus
- Experience in TV and/or Digital media a plus
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bonus Qualifications: Knowledge of Ad Tech Industry, Media, Campaign Management
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!