Senior Manager, Infrastructure
Engineering – Infrastructure /
International Contractor (B2B)
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are seeking a visionary technical leader to champion the growth and operations of our Infrastructure department.
As the Senior Manager of Infrastructure, you’ll be responsible for the Infrastructure strategy, shared services, data centers and cloud security, physical systems and networking. You’ll expand the existing infrastructure team of engineers and work closely with engineering and product leaders to drive the core technology agenda for the company.
- Define strategy, roadmap, and goals for the Infra team, working with leaders across the company.
- Work closely with Product Management & Engineering to lead our efforts in Information Security & Compliance to maintain industry certifications.
- Build a customer-centric, developer friendly, managed services department supporting technical development and operations for company
- Empower each of the members of your team to grow, thrive, and find fulfillment in their work. Align the team’s capabilities and interests with the company’s needs.
- Represent Infrastructure concerns at the company level, making sure that the company strategy is built with a secure technical operations foundation in mind
- Establish service level agreements (SLAs) and operating level agreements in alignment with company objectives and customer needs
- Raise the bar for provable reliability, quality, and security
- Negotiate and manage contracts with key service providers
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science and/or business information systems
- 8+ years of experience in IT with 2+ years of management experience
- Experience leading technical teams of 5+
- Experience building and managing bare-metal data center infrastructure of 500+ servers
- Experience with AWS or others public cloud services
- Experience in defining and enforcing Infosec posture for data centers and cloud (AWS)
- You have been building compliance and security programs for 5+ years and know the frameworks you’ve worked on from top to bottom.
- Experience designing, operating and supporting highly secure, high-performance, high-availability, large-scale, distributed services
- Experience designing and administering IP based networks, WAN technologies, virtual server technologies, cloud, DHCP/DNS, SAN/NAS Storage
- Excellent team building and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills
- Experience managing remote teams
- Strong project planning and implementation experience
Nice To Have
- Experience deploying and managing real-time, high-frequency stream processing services and infrastructure
- Experience building Infrastructure As a Service for internal development teams
- Experience with automatic content recognition (ACR) technology
- Experience with advertising technology
- Experience with containerized workloads
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, is detail oriented and careful, pays extra attention to quality, and has strong communications skills. We are looking for a person that asks questions, that is confident about not knowing everything, and prefers to collaborate. You are a team player, but capable of independent work. You should be comfortable in asking for help, and also stepping up and offering help to peers. You need to be able to push the boundaries and ask hard questions that can lead to big improvements.
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!