Director of Business Development
San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago /
Sales – Client Partnerships (US) /
US Full-time Salaried
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
This strategic role is responsible for helping grow Samba TV’s hardware-related partnerships. Ideal candidates must have an interest in television and data and possess a combination of critical thinking, business development and strategic partnership skills. Candidates must also possess outstanding communication skills and be willing to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. There will also be opportunities to influence the direction of the product roadmap as well as collaborate with the executive team and the engineering organization.
- Collaborate with existing and prospective hardware partners to embed the Samba TV solution within their devices
- Negotiate expectations, terms and conditions with new partners
- Manage partner integrations and launch with product, engineering and marketing teams and act as the key liaison to communicate partner needs to internal stakeholders
- Use a consultative approach to provide partners with insight into the ecosystem, market trends, and growth of the business opportunity
- Develop presentations and financial projections as needed to support new business opportunities
- Help develop marketing initiatives and participate in industry events and function as a knowledge leader on all Samba TV data products and services
- Manage a team of business development managers responsible for day to day partner management
- Work with cross-functional teams internally to guarantee success and growth of the ecosystem
- BA/BS degree with minimum 5 years business development / strategic sales / investments banking or consulting experience
- Demonstrated strategic, consultative and analytical sales approach with focus on building long-term partnerships with clients
- Customer-focused mindset with the ability to think creatively and develop and negotiate complex proposals; experience with term sheets and legal agreements
- Experience working with embedded or hardware partners a plusStrong written/oral communications and networking skills
- Detail-oriented nature
- Willingness to travel
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!