Software Engineering Intern, Content ID (Summer 2021)
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Internships /
US Intern / Fixed-Term
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are hiring software engineering interns for Summer 2021 across our Core Technology organization! Our Interns will work and learn from Samba TV’s talented engineers and scientists solving some of the most complex problems, leveraging best-in-class technologies facing the AdTech and digital entertainment industries. During the twelve-week duration, the Intern will own a project from end-to-end, thinking through the requirements, design, implementation, deployment, and testing. The internship will conclude with a presentation at the Engineering All-Hands with leaders and executives from across the organization.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Intern for our Content Identification (CID) team, who are responsible for creating automated TV Labs generating continuous data that multiple groups will consume throughout the organization. The data generated will aid each team in improving the quality and robustness of their code, which will directly impact the quality of our products consumed by customers.
What You'll Do
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings, planning, and retrospective meetings
- Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements, use models, and scope of the project
- Create a design document and present it to the team
- Evaluate new multimedia solutions for automation
- Evaluate the quality and performance of the system
- Develop unit tests and a new test framework to ensure high-quality products and solutions
What You Will Get
- Samba TV issued Laptop
- Access to the latest and greatest technology resources
- Opportunities to network with our amazing Engineering talent and leaders
- Compensation - All interns are paid $35/hr (non-negotiable)
What You’ll Need
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program in Computer Science (or related field) at an institution in the United States
- Be a rising Junior or beyond at the time of the internship
- Be available for a 12-week internship between June and August 2021
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Python, C++, Java, etc.)
- Strong analytical thinker with solid Computer Science fundamentals
- Innovative thinking, creative solutions to new issues
- Ability to think fast, move fast—the desire to learn
- Team player, but capable of independent work
What is "Nice to Have"
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of version control systems
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!