Provider Engagement Lead
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. To make big improvements, we need innovative solutions that make great care available at affordable levels. At Sana, we are passionate about fixing this problem.
To do this, we have built a new kind of health plan from scratch for employers and their employees. Our customers can offer rich benefits to attract and retain top talent while paying less than traditional plans. Sana uses proprietary technology to cut out waste and a novel financing structure that gives companies money back when claims are low, saving up to 30% on total costs.
Building strong relationships with healthcare providers is an essential part of Sana's strategy. As the Provider Engagement Lead, you will expand and refine our existing provider access strategy in conjunction with our leadership team. You will then have a direct role in implementing that strategy - managing network vendor relationships and direct contracts. The job is part business development, part operations, part product development and part customer service.
What you will do
- Build a long-term provider access strategy alongside company leadership
- Develop and maintain vendor partnerships with PPO networks and repricing partners
- Work with our product team to develop solutions to facilitate member access to care
- Respond quickly to new provider requests from members and manage negotiations to satisfactory resolution
- Lay the organizational foundation for our provider engagement team to scale
- 5+ years work experience preferred, preferably in a fast-growth company environment
- 2+ years working in healthcare in some capacity
- Experience negotiating business partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree
- Based in Austin, TX or willing to work remote
- Excellent communicator.
- Values-oriented. You care deeply about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Unparalleled attention to detail. You love getting into the weeds to get things done.
- Fast learner. Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch.
- Gritty. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description.
- Strong team player with a track record of working cross-functionally.
- Comfortable with modern web applications. We are building all of our software in-house and you will be a key constituent in its development.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!