Business Operations Associate / Senior Associate
Austin, TX or Remote
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. To make big improvements, we need innovative solutions that make great care available at affordable levels. At Sana, we are passionate about fixing this problem.
To do this, we have built a new kind of health plan from scratch for employers and their employees. Our customers can offer rich benefits to attract and retain top talent while paying less than traditional plans. Sana uses proprietary technology to cut out waste and a novel financing structure that gives companies money back when claims are low, saving up to 30% on total costs.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, driven, and analytical Business Operations Associate / Senior Associate to join our emerging Business Operations Team. The group is instrumental in “standing up” new functional units within the operations organization, leading new strategic initiatives, and generating mission-critical operational insights to shape the future of Sana’s business. The ideal candidate can move seamlessly between producing high-level, first principles analysis and transforming tactical, day-to-day tasks into scalable processes. In addition, he or she should have strong interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally between teams in a wide variety of functional areas. This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast-growing organization working towards making a big impact in a meaningful area.
Sana is a remote-first company with roots in Austin, TX. We use modern communication and file-sharing tools to operate seamlessly across time zones on a day-to-day basis, and we get together in person several times per year.
What you will do
- Own and drive strategic initiatives to produce maximum impact across Sana’s business; these initiatives could touch sales, operations, finance, customer onboarding, provider strategy, underwriting, and more.
- Embed with functional teams and bring your organization-wide perspective to establish and optimize business processes that allow Sana’s teams to operate with seamless efficiency both with each other and with the outside world.
- Independently identify opportunities to move Sana’s business to the next level, then develop and own action plans for seizing those opportunities.
- Develop a rigorous and comprehensive understanding of all aspects of Sana’s current business and its strategy in the short, medium, and long-term. You will become an active contributor to formulating and realization of that strategy.
- Learn a lot, work hard and be around really smart, passionate people looking to make a difference!
- Undergraduate degree in economics, business, or a technical field.
- 3+ years relevant experience, which could include management/strategy consulting, finance, and/or experience in a fast-growing startup.
- Experience in healthcare, insurance, or enterprise SaaS a major bonus. Fluency in Excel and comfort with data.
- Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch
- Passionate. You care about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Grit. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description.
- Comfortable with modern web applications. We are building all of our software in-house and you will be a key constituent in its development.
What Sana Offers
- Competitive compensation, including company equity.
- Medical, dental, and vision for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) plan.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- The flexibility and autonomy of a remote-first culture, with an allowance for working from the coworking space of your choice.
- Periodic paid travel to company off-sites and to our HQ in Austin, TX.
- The opportunity to work with a high-performing team to remake our broken healthcare system!
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!