Austin, TX or Remote
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. To make big improvements, we need innovative solutions that make great care available at affordable levels. At Sana, we are passionate about fixing this problem.
To do this, we have built a new kind of health plan from scratch for employers and their employees. Our customers can offer rich benefits to attract and retain top talent while paying less than traditional plans. Sana uses proprietary technology to cut out waste and a novel financing structure that gives companies money back when claims are low, saving up to 30% on total costs.
We are looking for a hard-working, empathetic person to join our member advocacy team. We’re building a team of social workers, patient advocates, health coaches, nutritionists, and nurses to support our members in solving everyday problems.
What you will do
- Provide accurate and easy-to-understand guidance in the complex world of health insurance and employer benefits across multiple channels (phone, text, chat, and email).
- Help new customers with their onboarding, making sure members understand and select appropriate health plans and other steps.
- Assist members with issues around their care journey - whether it’s finding a provider, helping with claims issues, or referring them to expert clinical care managers.
- Give feedback to the product team about member support issues so they can design better experiences.
- Generally strive to make sure members feel taken care of and love our service.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of related experience in social work, patient advocacy, or health coaching preferred.
- Based in Austin, TX or experienced in remote work.
- Excellent communicator.
- Some knowledge of healthcare and/or insurance benefits preferred.
- Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch.
- Values-oriented. You care about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Gritty. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description.
- Comfortable with modern web applications. We are building all of our software in-house and you will be a key constituent in its development.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!