MarComm Intern (Summer 2023)
Vancouver, BC /
Your New Role and Team
Our Marketing and Communications team is looking to hire a Marketing and Communications Intern for a 4-month term. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Managers, you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire marketing initiative process from ideation to implementation that builds upon Sanctuary’s brand. This position is a paid, full-time 4-month position.
The best candidates for this role have excellent marketing theory knowledge, are passionate about using technology to create lasting positive change in the world, and ideally have previous hands-on experience with executing and delivering marketing campaigns. You enjoy working with a close-knit and collaborative team with opportunities to engage cross functionally with other Sanctuary teams and have a sharp eye for detail and aesthetics to deliver high-quality work. Your peers would describe you as a team player who goes the extra mile and is not afraid to tackle new challenges. You’ll be a valued contributor as you learn and adapt to help lead a new and emerging industry of human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots.
Our Success Criteria
- Bring hands-on experience in ideating, designing and planning, executing, delivering, and reporting on marketing strategies and initiatives
- Gain cutting edge career experience as you develop core skills in a new and emerging tech industry
- Expand your marketing portfolio as you support and deliver for various marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns
- Explore opportunities within the marketing and communications team to broaden your career horizons and to learn new and versatile skills
- Assist with writing and editing internal and external facing marketing copy, including social media copy, blog posts, print and digital materials, and more
- Design marketing materials, from start to finish (e.g., presentations, flyers, swag, digital assets, etc.)
- Assisting with photoshoot planning, coordination, styling, and photo editing
- Support in the project management of marketing initiatives to ensure deliverables are met on-time and of high quality
- Support the marketing and communications team with additional marketing activities as required
- Assist with the coordination of marketing activities, such as demos, external stakeholder meetings, and client site visits
- Final year student or recently graduated with a degree in marketing and/or communications, or have relevant experience and/or committed interest in marketing (for example, previously held or currently holding marketing leadership positions in extra curricular activities, passed at least one relevant undergraduate course, curated portfolio of relevant marketing work)
- Avid interest and passion for artificial intelligence and robots is a plus
- Professional experience in a position that required creativity, problem-solving, and accountability is a plus
- Advanced writing skills, ideally with experience in journalistic writing
- Eye for design and aesthetics with basic graphic design skills and photo/video styling
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop; Lightroom and Illustrator are a bonus
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to complex problems
- Optimistic listening and conflict resolution capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority
- Eager to take on new challenges with tenacity and positivity
- Patience, persistence, and attention to detail when delivering work
- Passion for human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots
** Please note, all applicants must upload their resume to complete the application process for this role. A portfolio is also highly recommended.**
Working at Sanctuary
Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Sanctuary is governed based on skills, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any way by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Full time employees enjoy medical/dental/vision, life insurance, wellness programs, stock options, paid time off (vacation, paid holidays, sick time, and parental leave), scheduling and worksite flexibility by role, and more.
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton, and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada-based company. Sanctuary is on a mission to create the world’s first human-like intelligence in general-purpose robots that will help us work more safely, efficiently, and sustainably. And in the not-too-distant future, help us explore, settle, and prosper in outer space.
Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot), and the Creative Destruction Lab (pioneered a revolutionary method for the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind). The team has experience launching market-defining innovations rooted in previously unsolved and deep scientific problems.
Recruiting & Employment Agency Notice:
Recruitment and hiring is conducted internally by Sanctuary. We are not seeking or soliciting any new agency partnerships or agreements at this time. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that provides an unsolicited resume(s) or otherwise presents a prospective job candidate through the Sanctuary career site or directly to any Sanctuary employee, irrevocably grants to Sanctuary the unrestricted right to engage, hire, or contract with that candidate at Sanctuary’s sole discretion without any compensation to the Agency. We appreciate your interest in working together, and should the need arise our Talent Acquisition team will contact any external firms directly.