System & Infrastructure Engineer
Hong Kong /
Product & Technology – Store Systems & IT /
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for providing the technical solutions for our system in terms of Windows, Networking or Hardware to our System& IT Team.
- Providing technical solutions for the System & IT Team as you will be talking to the hardware or software vendors to find out the solution.
- Ensure the system runs well in the retail store as you may occasionally be required to be on-call to provide the workaround solution to the technical support team and retail team for returning business. Investigate and document permanent solutions afterward.
- Arrange system test planning in terms of Windows/hardware firmware/bios version update or any other configuration of the system.
- Participate and execute the updated plan to our Hong Kong stores and all global stores.
- You'll be responsible for doing research in terms of new technologies as we are planning to create something proprietary.
- You will document the details of your findings in our system to benefit other team members and contribute to future enhancements.
Who are we looking for?
- 3-5+ years experience working as a Systems Engineer
- Someone who has a wide range of technical knowledge and skills for solving the technical issues in the store, including network infrastructure, workstation/laptop computers, Windows, platform developed by Sandbox VR and 3rd party applications.
- With the range of technologies to be supported, someone who is detail-minded is also required for correlating information/errors from logs and dashboards to conclude root cause analysis and derive solutions/workaround.
- Solid experience in server room facilities, servers and communication network
- Experience in system performance tuning and capacity planning
- Must know how to code, apply and troubleshoot Ansible playbooks
- Fresh grad will also be considered
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here, or find some other way to get in touch if you’d really like to stand out. We’d like to see at least a CV or LinkedIn, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on why you’re the right fit for us.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.