San Francisco Bay Area
Operations – Retail
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 6 locations and 4 countries around the world (we’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
What will you be doing?
This is a position onsite at one of our retail stores. We’re looking for someone to help lead operations on a full time basis for a future location. You’ll be assisting the store’s General Manager and Assistant GM in the following areas:
Deliver an Incredible Guest Experience: you’ll be responsible to assist the General Manager and Assitant GM in the day-to-day operations of your store, ensuring an incredible guest experience for every person that walks into your store.
Maximize store profitability: you’ll be assisting the General Manager and Assistant GM in planning on executing on local marketing for your location, in order to maximize occupancy and revenue.
Building and developing store staff: you’ll also be assisting the GM and AGM in all HR matters including hiring, supervising, training and termination of staff if needed.
Technical Support and Troubleshooting: you will support the General Manager in all aspects of monitoring, managing and troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise in day to day operations.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking an experienced and motivated individual to take on the role of Store Lead. You are ideally an early adopter of new technologies and can easily explain technologies to those less knowledgeable.
- Customer Service: Delivering an exceptional experience to all of our guests is the most important thing we can do in our company, so you should have some basic retail, customer service or hospitality experience. You’ll need to communicate and present clearly and warmly, and mostly importantly demonstrate extreme empathy to the needs of our guests and our staff alike. You’ll be expected to maintain a professional appearance, and having excellent telephone manners is essential.
- Basic Business Literacy: As a lead in our retail store, you should have basic math and business skills, including understanding of profit and loss statements. You should be extremely organized and understand how to plan for the future. You are also proficient in the MS Office / GSuite, especially MS Excel.
- Physical Stamina: Because this is a retail position, you’ll be expected to stand and walk around for long periods of times. You’ll also occasionally be required to bend, lift (more than 50 lbs) or climb up stairs. You’ll also need strong close distance hand eye coordination and dexterity in order to handle technical support tasks.
- Hustle & Work Ethic: We are building the future of entertainment, so we are looking for a team member that understands the hustle, urgency, and work ethic required to bring something new to the world. You should be a strong problem solver who has a track record of good judgement, and can learn independently and quickly on the job to master our platform technically and operationally.
Who are we looking for?
- If you’ve got a demonstrated track record in a retail, customer service, or hospitality position operating at the highest level to support guests, we’d love to hear about it.
- You’ve learned from every experience, positive or negative, and are eager to apply all those lessons to an opportunity where you are going to leave a big mark.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here, or find some other way to get in touch if you’d really like to stand out. We’d like to see at least a resume or LinkedIn, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on why you’re the right fit for us.