Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)
Core Platform – Design
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
Our team is comprised of successful start-up veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We're funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 6 locations and 4 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
What will you be doing?
As the first Product Design Lead at Sandbox VR, you'll have a significant impact on our digital online products. We are seeking an experienced product designer to translate and extend our brand's aesthetic into innovative front-end designs.
This product team has the challenge to tie together the online and offline experience across web, device, virtual reality, and physical retail through a novel digital experience. You will help us build this product from the ground up and help define our design culture. You will be the largest pixel contributor to start and help forge a product and team from scratch. You will be a critical leader as we scale the design team and will define Sandbox VR's design DNA.
Who are we looking for?
- We value ownership highly—the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company but is especially true in product, design and engineering.
- Design a product that distinctly leads the industry. Sandbox VR is a first-of-its-kind product, and our design must lead by example.
- Communication. The best designers can gather input, articulate their vision, and also receive feedback equally.
- Your portfolio speaks for itself. You are a craftsperson and can inspire a culture of design.
- You are a student of digital products (desktop, mobile, web) and have nuanced views on their micro-interactions and how to improve them. You are opinionated with understanding and reason.
- Prototyping is critical to your workflow.
- Sandbox VR is a distributed team - reliable internet access is our only requirement.
How can you really impress us?
- If you’ve been a founder in the past, that would be a huge plus. Especially if you’ve failed - our CEO and our President both are failed founders and we enjoy being the underdogs trying to create the impossible. Failed founders fit right in with us.
- If you’ve been an early team member of a startup, we’d love to hear about your experience at different stages of growth. Shipping software evolves as the team size evolves. Understanding how to be scrappy and yet build for the future is an art.
- Have you worked in a distributed team before and have examples of what worked and what didn’t to stay closely connected with your peers? Working remotely isn’t for everyone, and we work tirelessly to best fit into each other’s workflows while minimizing disruptions as possible.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here, or find some other way to get in touch if you’d really like to stand out. We’d like to see at least a CV or LinkedIn, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on why you’re the right fit for us. We're excited to review your design portfolio.