Guest Experience Guide
Cerritos, CA /
Operations – Store Experience /
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to connect with our guests through world-class immersive experiences. Our vision is to create a global community where people come together to experience new realities. With our Hollywood motion capture cameras, 3D body trackers, and haptic suits, we’re operating the next generation of cinemas - where our guests are the stars of their own movies. Venturing into space? You got it. Channeling your inner pirate? Absolutely. Need to get some steps but hate the gym? Our experiences definitely get our guests moving.
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 19 locations and 5 countries around the world. (We’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor, and are averaging 4.7/5 stars on our Google reviews across all US locations). Oh, did we mention we're rapidly expanding. We want you be a part of our journey and help us build this new world!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Maintain the Environment: you'll initiate and perform daily tasks and projects to maintain the aesthetic appeal and cleanliness of our stores and prepare the experience rooms and equipment for the guests.
- Job Mastery: master and be able to assist in training new hires at the Guest Experience Guide level
- Live the Sandbox VR Way: exceed expectations of our guests by promoting our culture, mission and core values. Making a guest happy makes your day!
- Deliver an Incredible Guest Experience: you'll welcome and guide our guests through the experience, helping them with VR gear suiting-up and suiting-down, ensuring a safe and fun experience, and making sure guests leave excited to share their personalized videos, photos, and a story that they can share with friends
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting: partnering with management and our support team in other parts of the country to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise in day to day operations.
- Collaboration: you’ll be asked to partner with management and other team members for ad hoc projects and other operational duties that might arise in a fast-growing startup company.
- Safety and Cleanliness: ensuring the safety and cleanliness of our equipment and location exceeds the expectations of our guests and team.
- Communication: consistently and effectively identify and communicate store issues, project updates and ideas with the management team
Who We Are Looking For:
- Guest Service Focused: Delivering an exceptional experience to all our guests is the most important thing we can do in our company. You’ll need to communicate and present clearly and warmly, and mostly importantly demonstrate extreme empathy to the needs of our guests and our team alike. You’ll be expected to maintain a professional appearance and demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge to provide a white glove experience for our guests.
- Physical Stamina: Because this is a retail position, you’ll be expected to stand and walk around for long periods of time. You’ll also occasionally be required to bend, lift (more than 25 lbs.) or climb up stairs. You’ll also need strong close-distance hand eye coordination and dexterity capabilities in order to handle technical support tasks.
- Team First Mentality: At Sandbox VR we live by the team first mentality. You’ll be expected to bring a positive attitude, collaborate and work effectively with your team especially during high volume/intensity situations.
- Work Ethic: We are building the future of entertainment, so we are looking for people that thrive in a self starter fast-paced environment required to deliver a white glove experience for our guests. You should be a strong problem solver who has a track record of good judgement and can learn independently and quickly on the job to master our platform technically and operationally.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.