Business – Administrative
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 6 locations and 4 countries around the world (we’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
What will you be doing?
We're looking for someone to be responsible for building out our internal team of product managers, engineers, and designers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
Sourcing and Recruiting: You will be responsible for sourcing great talent in the local Hong Kong ecosystem as well as globally. You'll be responsible for finding great candidates, getting them interest, and shepherding them to an offer, all while making sure they're having a great candidate experience. Success means we've filled the roles that we have open and that the people we've brought on are successful in our company.
Recruiting Coordination: As our first in-house recruiter, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of our candidate experience, from sourcing to onboarding. You'll work closely with our team leads to refine job descriptions, schedule interviews, and process interview feedback. You should have an opinion on our interview process and know how to continually improve it.
Candidate Experience: Our brand is critical to getting the best and the brightest on our team, so we want to make sure our candidate experience is world class. You'll need to make sure the candidates who we don't end up making offers to have just as good of an experience as those who end up hiring. Success means that even candidates we pass on tell their friends they should interview with us.
Who are we looking for?
- We're looking for someone who has at least 3+ years of experience in recruiting, specifically technical recruiting. You should know how to talk to engineers and product people and get them excited, with a focus on Hong Kong talent. Cantonese and English fluency are both hard requirements.
- You should be deeply empathetic about the candidate experience, and know how to put the candidate first. Each and every candidate has a network, so there is no candidate that we can afford to deliver a less than ideal interview experience.
- You should have a solid sense of data-driven product management and prioritization, along with a strong design sense and good taste. You will need to combine both of these skills to be effective at building out our holodeck platform.
How can you really impress us?
- If you can point to technical teams that you've built in the past that are world class in the ecosystem, we'd love to hear about why you thin they are world class and how you built them.
- If you're super passionate about VR, we'd love to hear about it. How'd you get into it? What disappointed you? VR is not in a good spot today, but we're all true believers and we believe we will help make it happen.
- Tell us about the candidate that you were most proud of working with, even if it didn't lead to a hire.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here, or find some other way to get in touch if you’d really like to stand out. We’d like to see at least a CV or LinkedIn, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on why you’re the right fit for us.