Product Manager - Core VR
Core Platform – Product
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
Our team is comprised of successful start-up veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We're funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 6 locations and 4 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
What will you be doing?
We're looking for someone to manage our Core VR platform through the full product life cycle, from product definition / prioritization to release management. If you like VR, this is probably the most fun job at the company. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
Core VR Product Management: You'll be responsible for researching, prioritizing, and executing on our Core VR platform, which includes both hardware and software. On the software side, you'll be responsible for managing everything from our core retail operations platform to ensuring our core experiences all hit framerate. On the hardware side, you'll be responsible for everything from finger tracking to wireless VR transmission, in order to get Sandbox VR ever closer to the Holodeck.
Cross Team Alignment: You won't work alone - you'll have to lead through influence rather than authority with our engineering leads and senior leadership to make sure everyone is aligned and our plan is on schedule and derisked. Strong communication and organization skills are a must in this role.
Release Management: We deploy new software and hardware updates to our retail stores frequently. Making sure all stakeholders, from our store operators to our support staff are up to date on all of the latest changes across our platform will be your responsibility. So again, strong communication and organization skills are a critical requirement.
Who are we looking for?
- We're looking for someone who has at least 4+ years of experience in product management. You should be an excellent writer and communicator, and have a strong bias towards customer research.
- You should have a technical / engineering background. We won't expect you to write code full time, but you should be able to if you wanted to. All of our current product team have engineering and technical backgrounds, so this is close to a hard requirement.
- You should have a solid sense of data-driven product management and prioritization, along with a strong design sense and good taste. You will need to combine both of these skills to be effective at building out our holodeck platform.
How can you really impress us?
- If you've been a founder in the past, we'd love to hear about it, especially if you've failed. Our team is highly entrepreneurial and the majority of us have been founders before (and most of us have failed).
- If you're super passionate about VR, we'd love to hear about it. How'd you get into it? What disappointed you? VR is not in a good spot today, but we're all true believers and we believe we will help make it happen.
- A huge bonus for this role in particular would be sending us a sample spec you're proud for either 1) something you'd like to work on at Sandbox VR, or 2) a previous feature you've spec'd out before.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here, or find some other way to get in touch if you’d really like to stand out. We’d like to see at least a CV or LinkedIn, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on why you’re the right fit for us.