Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
United States /
Operations – Construction /
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. With our Hollywood motion capture cameras, 3D body trackers, and haptic suits, we’re operating the next generation of cinemas - where our guests are the stars of their own movies. Venturing into space? You got it. Channeling your inner pirate? Absolutely. Need to get some steps but hate the gym? Our experiences definitely get our guests moving.
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 25 locations and 7 countries around the world. (We’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor, and are averaging 4.8/5 stars on our Google reviews across all US locations). Oh, did we mention we're rapidly expanding? We want you to be a part of our journey and help us build this new world!
The Facilities Maintenance Specialist will ensure all Sandbox VR stores are under the right working conditions, ensuring operational effectiveness. This role will report to the Director of Construction and manage vendors, as well as internal and external partners. The position requires strong communication skills and an ability to identify continuous process improvement to maximize time effectiveness and ease of access to information.
Salary: 55k-65k (annualized), paid hourly.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Respond to Store inquiries (calls, emails) within the established response-time goal. Inform and escalate on issues as appropriate.
- Determine the extent of repairs or maintenance needed, estimate the time and materials required to complete the project, purchase supplies, and assign closing repair and maintenance requests in a timely manner
- Obtain and review price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects
- Maintain and organize all departmental purchase order documentation and communications.
- Manage facilities expenses, fixtures, mechanical equipment, vendor services, and safety compliance
- Manage store cleaning vendors to ensure scope of work is met and service is delivered as expected
- Communicate frequently with building landlords, vendors, and store operations to address issues and provide regular status updates
- Plan, coordinate and schedule preventive maintenance for facility related equipment
- Work cross-functionally to create a detailed store and field direction and documentation for processes, equipment needs, and ongoing store supply concerns. Align and distribute communications to the store scheduling calendar, following communications protocol and scheduling deadlines.
- Support other Operations related projects as needed.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and partner to resolve store issues. Demonstrate a sense of urgency to resolve and leverage learnings proactively to prevent future issues.
What We're Looking For:
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills) and other financial software/systems.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills, particularly in strategic business and financial analysis, driven by intellectual curiosity.
- Self-directed individual able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and business conditions.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced business environment with the ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail with ability to maintain accuracy of data, information, and analyses to support strategic goals.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.