Product Manager - Online Platform
Core Platform – Product
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie.
Our team is comprised of successful start-up veterans with deep experience in VR, gaming, technology and hospitality. We're funded by leading global tech investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Alibaba.
Since we launched in 2017, we’re now live in 6 locations and 4 countries around the world (4.5 stars on Yelp, and the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding.
What will you be doing?
We're looking for someone to help manage our digital products that stretch beyond our VR content teams. The Online team owns our cloud platform which serves our global customers and retail locations. This is a consumer focused team that obsesses about the customer journey before and after the customer's VR experience.
If you consider yourself an end-to-end consumer-focused Product Manager, someone who thinks about every element of the customer journey, we want to hear from you. If you love building incredibly well designed and forward thinking products, and possibly have a passion for entertainment, gaming or VR, you'll have a ton of opportunity and ownership in building Sandbox VR into a global product. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
Online Platform Product Management: You'll be responsible for researching, prioritizing, and executing on our Online Platform, which includes web, mobile, and in-store devices such as interactive touchscreens and connected displays. You will manage every digital customer touchpoint; we are responsible for how our guests interact with Sandbox VR before and after they complete in our VR experience.
Customer & Design Focused: Sandbox VR stands apart in every aspect, from our brand to our VR content. Our VR experiences are mind blowing, unlike any other VR out there. We work hard to find ways to surprise and delight our guests in all of our digital experiences.
Cross Team Alignment: You won't work alone - you'll have to lead through influence rather than authority with our engineering leads and senior leadership to make sure everyone is aligned and our plan is on schedule and derisked. Strong communication and organization skills are a must in this role.
Who are we looking for?
- We're looking for someone who has at least 4+ years of experience in product management. You should be an excellent writer and communicator, and have a strong bias towards customer research.
- You should have a technical / engineering background. All of our current product team have engineering and technical backgrounds, so this is close to a hard requirement.
- You should have a solid sense of data-driven product management and prioritization, along with a strong design sense and good taste. You will need to combine both of these skills to be effective at building out our holodeck platform.
How can you really impress us?
- If you've been a founder in the past, we'd love to hear about it, especially if you've failed. Our team is highly entrepreneurial and the majority of us have been founders before (and most of us have failed).
- If you're super passionate about VR, we'd love to hear about it. How'd you get into it? What disappointed you? VR is not in a good spot today, but we're all true believers and we believe we will help make it happen.
- A huge bonus for this role in particular would be sending us a sample spec you're proud for either 1) something you'd like to work on at Sandbox VR, or 2) a previous feature you've spec'd out before.
How do I apply?
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here, or find some other way to get in touch if you’d really like to stand out. We’d like to see at least a CV or LinkedIn, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on why you’re the right fit for us.