Functional Safety Manager
Scottsdale, United States /
Sapcorda is the developer of the world’s first GNSS positioning service that is built to enable the future of autonomous vehicles. Sapcorda’s service combines accuracy and availability with extreme scalability and safety to bring ultra-positioning to the mass-market. Started as a joint-venture of four of the world’s leading positioning and mobility companies, Sapcorda’s deeply experienced team is focused exclusively on delivering open corrections services.
Sapcorda actively works on the research, development, and operation of industry leading technologies in the field of GNSS positioning and high precision services, with main focus on emerging technologies such as autonomous driving and other automated control systems.
With offices in Germany (Berlin and Hanover) and United States, Sapcorda is looking for skilled and motivated individuals, who would like to participate in the development and operation of cutting edge GNSS systems.
- Drive the development of functional safety system requirements and functional decomposition for (a) specific functional domain(s)
- Actively contribute to the definition and/or confirmation of the system architecture of one or more functional domains from the perspective of the functional safety requirements
- Define the functional safety concept for the relevant system, hardware, and software according to ISO 26262 or similar standards
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage to manage hazard analysis, safety concepts, and DFMEA for the relevant system/domain. Take ownership of these work products including their approvals
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage system requirements from customer requirements level to scope requirements and respective validation
- Support functional safety validation tests
- Work closely with internal teams and suppliers to define functional safety interfaces between project partners. Generate DIAs and other necessary functional safety information for supplier systems/components
- Help implement and master functional safety processes and tools to ensure that Sapcorda provides world-class safety
- Work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Deep knowledge of automotive or equivalent software development process and the V-Model system development, verification and validation framework
- An intimate knowledge of ISO 26262 or similair and experience developing and delivering the major work products of a functional safety program
- Experience supporting external/third-party reviews of functional safety work products.
- A strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best product
- A collaborative approach to working closely with development teams
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility share between supplier and OEM
- Experience with functional safety tools
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering
- Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a functional safety engineer or related role
- Good working environment, up to date and motivating working conditions,
- Interesting and diverse project work in a small team
- Room for you and your ideas to unfold
- Work and lifestyle balance
- Short and long term incentive plans
Sapcorda's mission is to develop and offer the next generation technologies for GNSS positioning services, while providing employees with best motivating work environment and self-realization opportunities in the GNSS industry.
Please submit your complete application online and indicate your earliest starting date.