Head of Operations / Operations Manager
Abu Dhabi /
What is Sarwa and why you should join us
Since 2017, Sarwa has been giving people across the Middle East (and beyond) access to online investment and helping them secure their financial future. We’re delivering a great product and service, and are today the region’s fastest growing Fintech startup. Best of all, we’re a tight team that enjoys working together on building something we believe in.
What’s the position we’re hiring for?
Sarwa is working on expanding its products and services, and that means building more intuitive tools and experiences for clients on our platforms to make Sarwa the one-stop-shop for reaching their financial goals. We’re looking for a talented Operations leader to streamline, automate and execute strong operational processes to deliver predictable and dependable service for clients and partners.
What are we looking for?
- Join the leadership on our Operations team; lead a team of Associates to originate end-to-end Sarwa and Brokerage accounts in record breaking time and efficiency
- Establish, monitor and execute strong operational procedures and internal controls (including the maintenance of broad service-level agreements) to ensure that we are delivering predictable and dependable service for clients and partners
- Set metrics, identify operational improvements, and drive productivity measures with an innovative approach
- Handle new processes and exceptions manually, and keep prioritized backlog of what we can automate
- Work with Product/Strategy and the team to prioritize and oversee projects that address functionality gaps or drive improved efficiency in existing processes & products
- Be accountable for meeting or exceeding daily volume targets; mentor and coach a team of motivated Associates to deliver high quality service to our clients (via phone and online). Manage escalations.
- Apply an innovative & technology-first approach to solving complex problems and keeping overhead costs low (e.g. use zapier APIs, learn our CRM/support tools)
- Talk to prospective and current clients, getting them excited about our product and portfolios, and helping them with any questions or issues that may arise
- Work on “Explore” projects that you will own from the beginning. See a problem or inefficiency? Let's work on a plan and execution strategy to fix it in an effort to continuously improve the client experience.
- Provide high-quality and timely engagement with our entire client base through in-person meetings, events, email and phone
- Identify operational improvements to improve productivity and efficiency for trading processes
- Execute and monitor the daily order flow
- Be responsible for overseeing risk and meeting compliance requirements across all of our trading processes
- Experienced at leading and driving others to action (Client Success, Operations, financial services or startup team would be a plus)
- Integrity: Perhaps the fundamental quality that needs to underline everything about how we work, how we deal with clients and each other. This means always striving to be transparent, even when you can’t go into knitty-gritty details, and to remember to honor the trust of those you deal with. Only by safeguarding trust can we succeed in the long run.
- Positivity: Startup life is not comfortable and for every up there is also a down, a period of crunch for all the best victories. Keeping an atmosphere of compassion goes a long way towards making this a place where we love to work. This means always looking to be helpful with solutions, pulling your team up by encouraging those around you, and going the extra mile to bring the team together.
- Growth mindset: This is a growing company and the best and only way to enjoy the ride is to grow with it. You can always do what you’re doing better. Your job description is only your starting point, there’s so much to do and explore. Be ambitious and creative with exploring opportunities. Be curious, look for new things to learn, new ways of doing things. Be humble, knowing you’re never done growing and learning. Be confident that you can change towards bigger and better impact! We want Sarwa to feel limitless and you should treat yourself the same way.
- Ownership: Everyone is responsible for building Sarwa, pushing it forward and turning it into a great company. Strive to always feel connected to the mission of Sarwa as a whole. Your project. This means not being content with just “doing your job”. Be curious about how the whole thing works! What can help it reach its goals better? This also means remembering that teams, positions etc.. are just ways to organize. What matters is the success of the whole. Conversely, strive to lead, and to push those around you to excel.
- Execute: Get your work out the door and make it count! Ideas and values are only the beginning, the foundation. But without execution to materialize them, they are wasted. Start with the end in sight. How can you make your ambition a reality? Break it down into steps! Get the pieces moving. Not tomorrow. Now! Talk is cheap. The ability to go beyond and realise is what has and must continue to set us apart.
- Talented and great co-workers alongside, mentoring culture
- Beautiful WeWork office that serves free barista coffee & snacks - when all of this clears-up ;)
- Great company benefits package with dental coverage
- Flexible hours and working from home policy
- Learning and development budget
- Free financial advice
The Sarwa Story
Sarwa was started by 3 co-founders who saw that for much of the world, no service existed to help people invest in their own financial future. After graduating from Station F's Founders program in Paris and Dubai's Fintech Hive program, Sarwa launched the Middle East's #1 online investment platform. The team grew from 3 to 5, to 16 talented, driven and tight-knit individuals. After raising funds in a latest series A round, Sarwa is poised to continue growing into the go-to platform for people to invest in their future and grow their wealth.