In 2017, our founders started Sarwa due to a lack of financial services offered to most of the world, and out of a need to help empower people in the region to invest in their financial future. Sarwa is poised to continue growing into the go-to platform for people to grow their wealth.
We do this through expert, affordable and easy investing. We're a small team working on the region's first and fastest growing investment and personal finance platform, making investing easy, low-cost and transparent, with a human touch woven into every step of the process.
We are a remote-first team. Where you choose to work is up to you — we have an office in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that you can utilize as often or little as you'd like.
Our tech team is looking to add a backend engineer to build out Sarwa's platform including fleshing out APIs, data flows/pipelines, integrating with 3rd party services, and writing application/domain logic to create new features and extend existing ones, all while maintaining a clean code architecture that is readable, maintainable and bug-free.
In short, someone who’s interested in building the foundations of a platform used by thousands to manage their financial lives. While the team is based in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, we've embraced a fully remote work culture.
This might be a right fit if you:
- Have a strong experience with any backend framework (e.g. Django, .Net, Laravel, Rails, ...) in a production system with a sizable user base or handling a large volume of data
- Have strong problem-solving skills to build robust systems that not only work but are maintainable and will scale with the company
- Have strong fundamentals in backend architecture patterns including; understanding of databases, APIs, and security practices
- Experience in and understanding of micro-services, domain-driven architecture, clean architecture, and event sourcing is a strong plus
- Have excellent teamwork, written and communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts and decisions to both technical and non-technical team members
- Passion for the work, drive to experiment, learn new tech, try new solutions, always looking for ways to improve and grow
- Demonstrated ownership in leading/participating in a project that went from infancy to production
- Ability to execute by making decisions around trade-offs of simplicity, readability, performance, and speed-of-implementation
Some of what you'll do:
- Be on the front line in solving some of the most pressing technical challenges we face.
- Developing and maintaining a microservice architecture that spans services such as Investing, Trading, Account Management, Funding
- Tying it all together within a resilient, event-driven system
- Creating a data pipeline that funnels data from various data sources so that they can be consumed by business/product analytics
- Creating services that scale to tens of thousands of clients
- Own and deliver software projects on time by proactively working with stakeholders from product/tech/marketing/operations/sales in problem solving and helping elaborate the requirements, business logic and scope of the solution
- Create great quality products and services by solving the problem with good architecture and algorithms that work now and tomorrow, managing complexity, ensuring data consistency, making sure it all runs well at scale, and of course handling errors by creating robust and resilient systems
- Testing developed code with automated unit/integration tests
- Creating tools and processes to help you and other members of the team develop high quality code faster, as well as to help the team support and maintain products/services running in production
- Continuously learning and applying new practices and technologies, and propagating those learnings within the team.
Stack - Experience in these (or similar) is a plus
- Python and Django
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- We use React, Redux, React Native in the frontend
Some of our benefits:
- Remote and flexible work environment.
- Diverse, driven and supportive team with a positive work atmosphere (one of our core values).
- Market-competitive salaries.
- A culture of growth - being mentored, coached and supported to grow in your career.
- Great company healthcare package with dental and optical coverage.
- Learning and development budget
- Housing subsidies for various sized apartments in Abu Dhabi
- Awesome WeWork office space in a vibrant tech startup community
Sarwa is dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team excel and enables us to build outstanding products for our customers.