In 2017, our founders started Sarwa due to a lack of financial services offered to most of the world, and out of a need to help empower people in the region to invest in their financial future. Sarwa is poised to continue growing into the go-to platform for people to grow their wealth.
We do this through expert, affordable and easy investing. We're a small team working on the region's first and fastest growing investment and personal finance platform, making investing easy, low-cost and transparent, with a human touch woven into every step of the process.
We are a remote-first team. Where you choose to work is up to you — we have an office in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that you can utilize as often or little as you'd like.
Sarwa is working on expanding its products and services, and that means building more intuitive tools and experiences used by thousands of clients, making Sarwa the one-stop shop for reaching their financial goals. We’re looking for talented engineers to build out Sarwa's mobile and web applications by extending them with new features and improving existing ones while maintaining a clean code base that is readable, maintainable, and bug-free.
You’ll be joining a team that’s ambitious and dedicated to building a great company, working on frontend features and UI/UX with our product and design team, as well as the backend that supports it. While the team is based in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE, we at Sarwa have embraced a fully remote work culture.
This might be a right fit if you:
- You have at least 2 years of experience working on systems that went into production
- Strong experience with a frontend framework (React, React Native and Vue.js are a strong plus) in a production setting with a commercial user base
- Ability to write code/algorithms that are functional and bug-free
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork as well as written and communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts and decisions to both technical and non-technical team members
- Passion for the work, drive to experiment, learn new tech, try new solutions, always looking for ways to improve and grow
- Demonstrated ownership in leading/participating in a project that went from infancy to production
- Ability to execute by making decisions around trade-offs of simplicity, readability, performance, and speed-of-implementation
Some of what you'll do:
- Own and deliver software projects on time by proactively helping elaborate requirements and project scope
- Build frontend features on both the web app and our React Native mobile app that allow users to intuitively understand what they're seeing, the actions they are taking, and the result of these actions, using simple and intuitive UI on load, user action, and during error/event handling
- Conceptualizing, designing, and implementing features for Sarwa's web/mobile applications
- Apply strong attention to detail to make sure UI is crisp, typo-free, glitch-free and highly usable
- Help develop Sarwa's frontend codebase to keep code readable, extendible, and well organized
- Write code that is robust, maintainable, and fails gracefully
- Continuously learn and apply new practices and technologies, and share your learnings with the team
Stack - experience in these (or similar) is a plus.
- React / Redux and React Native
- Python and Django
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB
Some of our benefits:
- Remote and flexible work environment.
- Diverse, driven, and supportive team with a positive work atmosphere (one of our core values).
- Market-competitive salaries.
- A culture of growth - being mentored, coached, and supported to grow in your career.
- Great company healthcare package with dental and optical coverage.
- Learning and development budget.
- Housing subsidies for various sized apartments in Abu Dhabi.
- Awesome WeWork office space in a vibrant tech startup community.
Sarwa is dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team excel and enables us to build outstanding products for our customers.