Director of Business Development, Satori Alpha
Only extraordinary candidates who have at least three years of experience facilitating capital introductions and an established network of institutional investors will be invited to interview. If that sounds like you, please apply!
Satori Capital, a Texas-based multi-strategy investment firm founded upon the principles of conscious capitalism, is seeking an exceptionally high-performing and highly connected relationship builder to facilitate introductions to a wide network of institutional investors.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Satori Alpha, the alternative investments platform of Satori Capital, created this new position to support emerging investment managers on our platform. Satori Alpha provides acceleration capital to a limited and carefully selected group of funds – primarily hedge funds with less than $100 million in AUM – who are values-aligned and have a proven track record. We call these “Satori XL” investments. The Director of Business Development will be responsible first and foremost for introducing institutional investors to Satori XL investment managers, and also for supporting overall business development opportunities for Satori Alpha itself.
The ideal candidate is currently employed in a similar role and has three or more years of experience delivering extraordinary outcomes by introducing institutional investors to unique investment opportunities. The position requires an expert networker who enjoys developing institutional relationships, has a well-established network in place, and acts as a trusted resource for an existing list of qualified institutional investors who will invest in emerging managers and await introductions to unique opportunities.
The Director of Business Development will be a member of the Alpha investment team and will report directly to James Haddaway, CIO and managing partner of Satori Alpha. While much of the work will be done independently and will be driven by initiative, the candidate will also prioritize lightening the load of the CIO by completing ad hoc requests expeditiously.
The role includes considerable flexibility and autonomy, along with the opportunity to promote a limited number of investment opportunities that are unique and high-performing. Satori has created a rewarding firm culture that emphasizes meaningful work, unusually good benefits, and development opportunities. This position includes exceptional growth potential for someone who is eager to roll up her/his sleeves, consistently create extraordinary outcomes, and demonstrate the ability to add value.
ABOUT SATORI CAPITAL
Satori Capital is a Texas-based multi-strategy investment firm founded upon the principles of conscious capitalism. Satori has a private equity business unit based in Dallas and an alternatives investment platform, Satori Alpha, based in Fort Worth.
Satori’s private equity business partners with leadership teams of companies with $5 million to $25 million of EBITDA that operate with a long-term perspective, commit to their mission or purpose, and create value for all stakeholders. Satori Alpha creates and manages customized portfolios designed to meet the unique objectives of institutions, family offices, and sophisticated private investors. The firm currently manages more than $850 million of committed capital, approximately $575 million of which is dedicated to Satori Alpha.
- Represent the Satori brand and identify business development opportunities for Satori Alpha and our XL partners
- Introduce prospective institutional investors to Satori XL investment managers – at least 10 qualified introductions per month across all XL managers
- Build an extensive database and track contact with at least 1,000 institutional investors throughout the year using the firm’s CRM
- Maintain a short list of highly qualified, personal relationships with at least 50 institutional investors
- Nurture a network of service providers who can be called upon to make introductions
- Develop specialist knowledge of asset classes and strategies
- Stay abreast of investment industry current events specifically within the alternative asset classes
- Travel one to two times per month to attend industry conferences and/or network with institutional investors
- Plan six to eight social events (lunches, dinners, etc.) throughout the year to further the Satori brand during conferences or by location where opportunities exist for Satori and our XL partners
- Maintain a reputation as a trusted advisor in the investment community
- Assist in sourcing passive Alpha investments and XL investments
- The candidate will also perform critical responsibilities that may be unique to Satori, including:
- Demonstrating and promoting the firm’s six core values: create extraordinary outcomes, be a great partner, never stop learning, share freely, enjoy the journey, and build lasting impact
- Serving as a culture and brand ambassador in interactions with stakeholders
- Embracing the firm’s entrepreneurial spirit through continuously improving the status quo
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Passion for investing and alternative investment strategies
- Value-centric individual with a great attitude, demonstrated resourcefulness, and a humble willingness to learn from all team members
- An undergraduate degree and strong academic record
- At least three years of experience facilitating capital introductions
- Existing relationships with a database of at least several hundred institutional investors
- Sophisticated and well-rounded communication skills
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Willingness to vigorously and enthusiastically support the team’s goals
- Mature perspective on priorities and clear ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment without rigidly defined procedures
- A consistent track record of extraordinary performance