ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a highly skilled and proven investment professional who is passionate about lower-middle-market private equity investing and the principles of conscious capitalism. The director will take a leadership role in sourcing, executing, and monitoring investments that generate outstanding results for all stakeholders. The director will operate in a fluid environment requiring an open and adaptable mind, a high level of emotional intelligence, and a contrarian mindset to navigate ambiguity and paradox.
The director will play a leading role in ensuring the firm is congruent with its core values: be a great partner, never stop learning, share freely, create extraordinary outcomes, enjoy the journey, and build lasting impact. The director will serve on portfolio company boards when the opportunity exists and potentially join the firm’s investment committee. The position reports to the principals, who lead the private equity business along with the firm’s founders.
ABOUT SATORI CAPITAL
Satori Capital is a Texas-based multi-strategy investment firm founded on the principles of conscious capitalism. Our purpose is to create, fund, and inspire businesses that elevate humanity. We have been honored as a Pensions & Investments Best Place to Work in Money Management, a Blue Zones Worksite, and a first-place winner of FW Inc.’s Best Companies to Work For 2016.
Our private equity business partners with leadership teams of companies with $5 million to $25 million of EBITDA that operate with a long-term perspective, commit to their mission or purpose, and create value for all stakeholders. Our alternatives investment platform, Satori Alpha, creates and manages customized portfolios designed to meet the unique objectives of institutions, family offices, and sophisticated private investors. We currently manage more than $600 million of committed capital, approximately $200 million of which is dedicated to our private equity business.
Our investors and fund structure provide us with a distinct competitive advantage. Our investors are primarily family offices and former or current chief executive officers who are well aligned with our strategy and serve as an outstanding source of patient capital. Our unique fund structure enables us to hold investments indefinitely. Together, they encourage leadership teams to build defensible industry leaders over the long term. For more information about Satori, visit www.satoricapital.com.
Our hiring process is extensive and thorough because we want to get to know each other well. Finding the right candidate for each role will unlock our collective potential to fulfill our purpose as individuals and as a firm. We offer meaningful work, excellent benefits, and substantial development opportunities.
- Assisting with sourcing, recapitalization, and divestiture of investment opportunities
- Leading the evaluation of investment opportunities including valuation and structure
- Supporting or participating in negotiations
- Managing the due diligence process
- Leading the creation of models, analytics, presentations, and investment committee memos
- Assisting portfolio leadership teams with strategic, financial, and operational initiatives
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring vice presidents, associates, and other team members
- Assisting with other initiatives as requested, including the creation of tools/templates, marketing materials, press releases, recruiting processes, and other internal processes
- Serving as a full-time ambassador of the Satori culture, brand, and way
- Embracing the firm’s entrepreneurial spirit by constantly seeking to improve
Education, Experience, and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree and MBA from highly respected institutions
- At least ten years of relevant experience including more than six years of principal investing
- A passion for understanding lower-middle-market businesses and helping them scale
- Ability to simultaneously understand and integrate a wide range of systemic variables
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and modeling skills
- High attention to detail across quantitative, qualitative, and aesthetic dimensions
- Ability to train team members including vice presidents and associates
- Ability to comfortably communicate with multiple personality types
- Exceptional business writing skills and a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation
- A consistent track record of delivering extraordinary outcomes
- The director demonstrates a long-term perspective is central to his/her purpose and has a track record of exhibiting these qualities personally and professionally by/through:
- Passion for alternative investing, especially in the domain of private equity
- Championing a collaborative approach and balancing advocacy with inquiry
- Curiosity and open-mindedness; living the motto “never stop learning”
- A servant leader with humility who elevates those around him/her
- High emotional intelligence to integrate divergent perspectives in a united purpose
- Seeking responsibility while exercising self-awareness to know when to ask for help
- Sound judgment in knowing which leadership approaches best fit specific circumstances
- Living a balanced life, creating joy for oneself and others