Alpha Investment Team
This unique opportunity is open only to extraordinary candidates who have at least five years of experience in sourcing, doing diligence on, and investing in hedge funds specifically, and also other alternative investments, including real estate, energy (traditional and alternative), venture capital, alternative fixed income, etc. If that describes you, please apply! [NOTE: this is not a private equity investment team role.]
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an investment professional who is passionate about investing and hungry for the opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a growing alternative investment management business. A successful candidate will fervently pursue value creation through the analysis of investment opportunities, investor portfolios, and internal/external datasets. She/he will bring a systematic and thorough approach to executing and improving upon processes in place and will have the “get-up-and-go” to create new processes where she/he sees fit. The ideal candidate has the communication skills to effectively distill complex information into salient points for the investment committee. Given the entrepreneurial nature of the firm, the candidate will have numerous opportunities to learn and participate in other functions and capacities, including assisting in all aspects of “Satori XL,” our seed and acceleration business.
The candidate will report directly to James Haddaway, CIO and managing partner of Satori Alpha. While much of the work will be done autonomously and will be driven by initiative, the candidate will also prioritize lightening the load of the CIO by completing ad hoc requests expeditiously. This position has exceptional growth potential for someone who is eager to roll up her/his sleeves, consistently create extraordinary outcomes, and demonstrate the ability to add value by identifying trends and investment opportunities.
ABOUT SATORI CAPITAL
Satori Capital is a Texas-based multi-strategy investment firm founded upon the principles of conscious capitalism. Satori has a private equity business unit based in Dallas and an alternatives investment platform, Satori Alpha, based in Fort Worth.
Satori’s private equity business partners with leadership teams of companies with $5 million to $25 million of EBITDA that operate with a long-term perspective, commit to their mission or purpose, and create value for all stakeholders. Satori Alpha creates and manages customized portfolios designed to meet the unique objectives of institutions, family offices, and sophisticated private investors. The firm currently manages more than $800 million of committed capital, approximately $550 million of which is dedicated to Satori Alpha.
- Thoroughly analyzing all aspects and diligence items of a potential investment opportunity – especially quantitative characteristics
- Assisting with portfolio monitoring, including joining calls with fund managers and assisting with our quarterly survey process
- Sourcing new investment opportunities by attending conferences and industry marketing events, and traveling as frequently as needed to develop fruitful relationships
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and deriving insights from disparate data sources for the investment committee
- Creating complex valuation and financial models
- Updating quantitative portfolio metrics and monthly returns
- Assisting with the creation of investment committee materials
- Working with the investor experience team on an ad hoc basis to fulfill portfolio reporting metrics and investor requests
- Supporting business development for the firm by introducing prospective investors to principals
- The candidate will also perform critical responsibilities that may be unique to Satori, including:
- Demonstrating and promoting the firm’s six core values: create extraordinary outcomes, be a great partner, never stop learning, share freely, enjoy the journey, and build lasting impact
- Serving as a culture and brand ambassador in interactions with stakeholders
- Embracing the firm’s entrepreneurial spirit through continuously improving the status quo
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Passion for investing and alternative investment strategies
- Value-centric individual with a great attitude, demonstrated resourcefulness, and a humble willingness to learn from all team members
- An undergraduate degree and strong academic record
- At least five years working with alternative investments
- Demonstrated ability to recognize risk reward characteristics in a different investments and asset classes.
- Prior reputation as an “analytical animal," ninja-like Excel skills, and the ability to derive happiness from uncovering mysteries hidden in spreadsheets
- Ability to think critically, synthesize large volumes of information/data, and present ideas clearly
- Satisfaction gained from systematically executing on routine processes
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to vigorously and enthusiastically support the team’s goals
- Mature perspective on priorities and clear ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment without rigidly defined procedures
- A consistent track record of extraordinary performance