Equity Analyst for Tuscan Ridge Asset Management
ABOUT THE POSITION
Tuscan Ridge Asset Management is seeking an experienced analyst/PM to join our expanding team. Future partnership opportunity exists for the right individual.
The position requires at least two years of direct experience as an equity analyst at a hedge fund, mutual fund, or investment bank in either the technology, media, telecommunications (TMT) or consumer discretionary sector. The ideal candidate is a growth investor or is able to adapt a proven value approach to growth stocks.
ABOUT TUSCAN RIDGE
Tuscan Ridge is a Chicago-based investment manager founded in 2016 by Neil Joshi. At Tuscan Ridge Asset Management, we take a non-traditional approach to an event-driven strategy. Our unique investment process, robust risk management and ability to construct trades with asymmetric payoff profiles allows us to invest in undervalued high-growth stocks and industries and achieve outsized returns with much less volatility than other event driven strategies. The firm currently manages $80 million in assets. Dallas-Fort Worth based Satori Capital is a strategic partner of the firm, committed to the long-term success of Tuscan Ridge.
Tuscan Ridge Asset Management’s mission is to be a best-in-class asset manager that is known for providing outsized returns to our investors, while maintaining a low volatility profile and low correlation to broader markets and asset classes. We uphold the highest standards of integrity and strive to partner with happy investors and employees.
In support of the mission, the team adheres to these tenets:
· Kaizen: constant incremental improvement
- Independent, self-driven idea-generation and research
- Screen for potential new investments using our proprietary idea-generation technology
- Idea generation using non-traditional sources
- Conduct due diligence on companies and industries
- Financial modeling, valuation and thesis articulation
- Communicating conviction in buy/sell discussions with CIO
- Monitor portfolio companies and watch list companies for market moving news, events, and research and update investment team members in real time
- Be able to think and invest both proactively and defensively
TO BE CONSIDERED, ONE MUST HAVE/BE:
- At least two years of experience adding alpha to prior organizations (short-selling experience is a plus)
- At least two years of experience in TMT or consumer discretionary
- A strong academic background and record of achievement from a top-tier school
- Fully capable of thinking and working independently on an idea from start to finish
- Extremely strong at financial analysis, valuation, and modelling
- Very comfortable interacting with people – ours is a collaborative environment
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
CANDIDATES WHO MOVE FORWARD IN THE PROCESS BEYOND AN INITIAL PHONE CALL WILL BE ASKED TO SHARE A WRITE-UP ON A CURRENT IDEA (MARKET CAP ABOVE $5BB) INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Overview of your thesis and the opportunity
- What is causing the potential mispricing
- The research-based evidence supporting the thesis
- Price target and timing - when you expect the value extraction opportunity to unfold and culminate
- NOTE: Candidates who have non-traditional experience or do not fully meet the requirements above will be considered if an exceptional write-up is included with the resume on this application