Hedge Fund Research Analyst, Technology - Crawford Lake
Satori XL Partner
Only candidates who have a deep understanding of the tech industry and competitive landscape will be considered. An individual who is energetic and can present compelling research-based ideas with a balance of conviction and humility will excel in this interview process. If this sounds like you, please apply!
About the Position
Crawford Lake, a strategic partner of Satori Capital, is seeking a research analyst to work closely with our portfolio managers, current analyst, and traders. This is a newly created position due to the growth of the firm and our desire to expand the depth of our research in the technology sector, including coverage of SaaS applications, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, the Internet of Things (IoT), and semiconductors.
A successful analyst will be able to respond to short-notice requests for information and proactively research and report market catalysts that may add value to the firm’s investment strategy. This person will be given significant responsibility and exposure from day one. The role will focus heavily on qualitative analysis. The analyst should have some prior tech industry experience with broad knowledge of the competitive landscape of various sub-industry groups. Note: the traditional valuation strategy of long-term financial modeling is not what we are seeking for this role. Rather, we are seeking an individual who has a deep understanding of the industry to provide valuable context for targeted, short-term qualitative analysis.
The successful analyst should look forward to a long-term role in a firm with strong values and a positive culture. The analyst will enjoy a salary commensurate with experience and a discretionary annual bonus based on fund performance. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate to within one hour of Lakewood, NJ. Please follow this link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/satoricapital/d1e46db9-cf42-4b32-a1e4-373f58834a16
About Crawford Lake
Crawford Lake Capital Management, LLC is a trading-oriented long/short equity hedge fund manager that strives to generate strong risk-adjusted returns. Founded in 2006, the firm currently has approximately $1 billion in assets under management. The firm is unique in the hedge fund space in that the team has developed a strong, values-oriented culture and promotes an enjoyable environment throughout their pursuit of extraordinary outcomes. Learn more at www.crawfordlakecapital.com
- Learn the fund’s strategy and tailor the research effort to information and data relevant to the investment process
- Filter information to provide salient points in an easily digestible format
- Conduct company and industry research to develop a deep understanding of key drivers and trends.
- Communicate with external expert consultants and analysts during the research process
- Clearly and effectively communicate and articulate ideas in a timely manner
Desired skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record; 3.5+ GPA preferred
- Deep understanding of the tech industry and competitive landscape
- At least five years of related professional experience
- Prior experience at a technology company is a plus
- Prior experience as a research analyst focused on the technology sector in a financial services environment, preferably for a hedge fund, is a plus
- Passion for the markets, investing, and . business analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Persistence and a strong sense of urgency
- Intellectual curiosity and a fascination with future trends in technology
- Ability to focus on the important details and ignore data noise
- Ability to work effectively and follow instructions under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with the highest standards of integrity, honesty and mutual consideration