Senior iOS Engineer
New York /
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build community around the calendar. We’re starting in high schools, and currently help students across the country manage their time and stay better connected with friends. We are funded by General Catalyst, Coatue, Sound Ventures, as well as other top venture investors and angels, and are actively recruiting. If you’re looking to drive a major impact on an energetic and ambitious team, come join us!
To learn more about Saturn’s products on iOS, Android, and Web, visit joinsaturn.com.
You responsibilities will include:
- Working on a cross-disciplinary team, leveraging your extensive knowledge and experience building complex apps
- Partnering with Product and Design to craft efficient, performant, and delightful user experiences
- Driving a disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- Developing and owning large user-facing features / epics from design through implementation and launch
- Shepherding the app architecture through best practices and engineering excellence
- Playing an important role in leveling up the team’s technical depth and efficiency
- Getting down in the trenches, writing automated tests and providing high quality feedback in code reviews - no task is beneath you
You should have:
- 4+ years of relevant iOS product development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to mentor and motivate team
- An extensive understanding of the Cocoa framework and UIKit
- Experience crafting highly performant code and UI layouts, with proficiency in diagnosing performance bottlenecks
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience with Realm Swift (bonus points)
- Experience integrating and working with Amplitude (bonus points)
Saturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.