Social Media Manager
New York /
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build community around the calendar. We’re starting in high schools, and currently help students across the country manage their time and stay better connected with friends. We are funded by General Catalyst, Coatue, Sound Ventures, as well as other top venture investors and angels, and are actively recruiting. If you’re looking to drive a major impact on an energetic and ambitious team, come join us!
To learn more about Saturn’s products on iOS, Android, and Web, visit joinsaturn.com.
You responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day community engagement on all Saturn social pages (Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok)
- Design and ideate posts for all channels
- Work with ambassadors to grow an maintain high school specific accounts (ie @saturnatlenape)
- Propose and drive creative campaigns for creating user generated content
- Build community amongst ambassadors via creative programming (competitions, challenges etc.)
- Creating more opportunities for engagement with our ambassador network.
- Improving and managing our ambassador referral program
- Conducting product research with users directly, or setting up forums for Saturn team-members to engage with larger groups of users
- Identifying novel and engaging ways to interact with our ambassador network through our owned media channels - including our ambassador IG (@saturnmissioncontrol)
You should have:
- Recent college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or a related field (If you're an undergraduate, looking for an amazing experience, feel free to apply as well!)
- A strong understanding of high school audiences, awareness of pop culture
- Familiarity with social media usage - specifically high-schoolers’ utilization of Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat
- Immersed in and up to date with Gen-Z Internet Culture. You know which sounds are trending on TikTok and what photos goes on VSCO vs Snap vs Insta.
- Experience with brand social media management and objective-oriented community building
- Graphic design background is encouraged
- A strong attention to detail, performance, usability and reliability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English
- A growth mindset, willingness to consistently push the limits to grow the overall business
Saturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.