Director of Product
New York /
At Saturn, we’re on a mission to build community around the calendar. We’re starting in high schools, and help tens of thousands of users each day at hundreds of schools manage their time and stay better connected with friends. The majority of our users are active daily. We are funded by General Catalyst, Coatue, Sound Ventures, as well as other top venture investors, and are actively recruiting. If you’re looking to drive a major impact on an energetic and ambitious team, come join us!
To learn more about Saturn’s offerings on iOS, Android, and Web, visit joinsaturn.com.
Saturn is a design-led company. This starts with product leadership, and it is critical for the role to have strong empathy and understanding of the audience we are serving - high school and college students. You must immerse yourself in their psychology, culture, emotions, and always be thinking of solutions to everyday problems that these users face - both when dealing with time management, as well as social behaviors.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Come up with new concepts to pitch to the team and CEO
- Own and drive the vision of a specific feature set
- Analyze product analytics and create actionable solutions.
- Managing/recruiting other product designers, motion designers, and illustrators to create amazing experiences
- Lead all parts of the design process - from initial research and brainstorming to visual design and final hand off
- Partner with engineers in order to ensure designs are properly handed off and implemented
- Being part of a tight-knit leadership team and making fast-paced yet informed decisions
To Succeed, You’ll Need:
- To be a self-starter, driven, and very hard-working
- To use a data-centric approach to problem-solving
- A strong attention to detail, performance, usability and reliability
- A growth mindset, willingness to consistently push the limits to grow the overall business
- A desire to build for the long term, valuing patterns and structures that allow for flexibility in an evolving product
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to mentor and motivate team members
- To be energetic, committed, and enthusiastic - these qualities tie us together at Saturn
You Should Have:
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Managed or strongly collaborated with multiple other product designers
- A strong portfolio with past examples of consumer tech products
- Experience telling stories through data
- Expert in Figma, Sketch, XD or other design tools
- Expert in Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, or equivalent
- Ability to create amazing visual designs while maintaining usability
- Ability to prototype mobile and web designs Understanding of design systems and working with them
- Strong project management experience and using process to keep to timelines
Saturn celebrates and embraces having a diverse team. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.