Marketing and Communications – Media /
Working arrangement: one year contract, entry level position
Location: Hobart, Tasmania (onsite only, no remote arrangement available)
About Savage Interactive
Savage is the team behind Procreate, the leading art application on iOS used by the world’s top creative professionals and millions of artists world-wide.
We strive to empower creatives with intuitive and powerful creative tools, offering the best software experience and making it accessible.
Play a key role in documenting our journey
Procreate has been ten years in the making. We're humbled to receive an Apple Design Award in 2013, and Apple's 'App of the Year' in 2018 for Procreate Pocket. Through doing what we love, we have managed to develop the best-selling paid iPad app in the world for four consecutive years.
We're ambitious and excited for what's to come. We might be successful, we might not. Join our adventure to capture exclusive and behind the scenes footage of the Savage journey.
Your focus will be
- Capturing day-to-day Savage operations in videos and stills (the best moments are organic and serendipitous)
- Candid interviews
- Working with raw footage, including editing and film production
- Organising and maintaining an accessible digital vault
- Assembling, calibrating, cleaning and otherwise maintaining camera and audio equipment
What this role isn't
- Storyboarding and developing a narrative
- Staging scenes and scripts
- Producing content that doesn't reflect real Savage life
Who we're looking for
- An eye for fly-on-the-wall style footage and stills, in a diverse and unpredictable range of situations (picture running around just with an iphone)
- Ability and intuition to be in the right place at the right time, without being intrusive
- Able to adapt to change and shifting priorities on the run
- Your work is driven by a passion to build genuine and authentic connection with your subjects and audience
- Technical fundamentals in filming, photography, computer programs and software
To be considered for this role, please submit a short video (up to 2 minutes) showcasing a typical week of your life (there will be a spot to upload your video in the application form). This is an open brief, we're interested in what lens you view the world with. We do not expect an A-grade video.
All the best and we look forward to hearing from you!