Software Engineer (Product Quality)
Product Development – Engineering /
Work arrangement: full-time permanent
Location: Hobart, Tasmania (onsite only, no remote arrangement available)
About Savage Interactive
Savage is the team behind Procreate, the leading art application on iOS used by the world’s top creative professionals and millions of artists world-wide. We strive to empower creatives with intuitive and powerful creative tools, offering the best software experience and making it accessible.
Be the custodian of exceptional quality software
Procreate is known for industry-leading quality that combines the best of design and performance. Achieving this benchmark of excellence comes from finessing the minute details.
We’re looking for a software engineer who is obsessed with quality and excited to preserve Procreate’s exceptional benchmark. This role will have a strong focus on identifying and fixing bugs, working closely with the Product Development and Product Care team.
Everyday, we receive messages from artists around the world expressing how much joy and positive impact Procreate has brought to their lives.
Your work will directly contribute to software experience that is highly performant, reliable and intuitive. Your eye for detail and engineering craftsmanship will be felt directly by millions of users around the world.
Learn and work with pioneers of the industry
This is an incredible opportunity to work with the creators of the technology behind Procreate. You will be collaborating closely with the Product Development and Product Care teams to develop a deep technical understanding of our codebase, with a primary responsibility in bug triage and testing.
Day to day responsibilities
- Identifying and categorising bugs based on impact and priority
- Independently fixing bugs where possible, and escalating more serious issues to the Product Development team
- Working with the Product Care team to categorise crash reports and identify patterns in support tickets
- General maintenance and improving stability, reliability and performance of the codebase
- Able to undertake unplanned work in response to larger business requirements
Our ideal candidate
- Has proficiency in iOS development and experience developing custom controls
- Is methodical and process driven, with high attention to detail
- Is self-driven, with a strong ability to work independently and autonomously
- Is an effective communicator and excited about collaborating with different teams
- Any prior experience in bug fixing, software testing or IT help desk favourable