Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Operations – People /
Nestled in picturesque Hobart, Procreate is an industry-leading creative product company competing on the World stage. We are the recipient of two coveted Apple Design Awards and hold the title as best-selling paid iPad app on Apple's App Store for the past six years. Procreate brings together a rare breed of people who are exceptionally driven and dedicated to help people unleash their full creative potential.
We stand by producing the highest quality of work and protecting creativity. We care about our work, our community, and most of all, each other. Join us in our growth journey as we develop next-generation Procreate products.
Your impact as Talent Acquisition Coordinator
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Coordinator to provide administrative assistance to our recruitment and HR function. Your role will have a specific focus on improving how we attract talent and keeping our hiring processes smooth.
This is a multi-faceted role with immense scope for professional growth. Foundational skills and responsibilities include crafting job advertisements, screening applicants, scheduling interviews, preparing HR documentation and maintaining data integrity. Once you demonstrate a strong understanding of Procreate’s employer value proposition and ideal candidate profiles, you will have the opportunity to explore and operationalise how we improve our inbound recruitment strategy, as well as being mentored in executive search methodologies.
This role will sit within the People team, and report to the Head of People. You will work closely with and be mentored by our Talent Acquisition Specialist and HR Specialist.
Areas of focus
- Administrative support in recruitment and HR. Responsibilities include crafting job advertisements, scheduling interviews, preparing documentation, maintaining data hygiene, automating and streamlining hiring processes.
- Inbound recruitment. Think of all the creative ways we can attract talent to Procreate. Now make it happen! With guidance from the People team, you will collaborate with our Marketing and Communications department to operationalise and experiment on creating an effective inbound recruitment strategy.
- Driving end to end recruitment lifecycle of applicants. Setting up jobs within our Applicant Tracking System, reviewing applications, interviewing candidates, delivering feedback, offering and closing candidates, building long term relationships and ensuring great candidate experience.
- Developing skills in technical sourcing. We headhunt Software Engineers and Product Designers globally. This is a specialisation we are happy to mentor you in. Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of tech!
The skill set
- Curiosity and interest in people, recruitment, marketing, candidate experience and the technology industry. This is an entry level position, so we don’t expect you to be experienced in recruitment. However, we would love to see a genuine interest in the above themes.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, articulate key takeaways and translate them into action.
- Personal effectiveness in prioritisation, time management and aligning projects to commercial outcomes. You strive to get things done well and proactively look for ways to streamline processes.
- Attention to detail. This is an essential trait not only in the drafting of HR and recruitment documents. It reflects your ability to pick up nuances in conversations, role briefings, interviews and how you apply information received.
- Creative problem solving. Our environment is fast-paced, creative and experimental. You enjoy exploring unconventional ways to solve problems and are able adapt your approach to changing circumstances while keeping a positive and optimistic attitude.
In 1-3 months, you will
- Complete the Procreate onboarding process, get to know your colleagues and unique roles in the business
- Build and nurture productive working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Understand and be able to articulate Procreate’s vision, values, culture and ways of working
- Familiarise yourself with our existing recruitment strategy, tools, processes and external service providers relating to recruitment
- Shadow members of the People Team to skill up in HR and recruitment
In 3-6 months, you will
- Demonstrate proficiency with our tools, systems and processes
- Accurately assess the suitability of applicants and conduct first interviews with oversight and guidance. Seek regular input and debrief with the People team (we are highly collaborative and have frequent, informal debriefs daily, especially to check our own biases)
- Draft job descriptions for review
- Explore ideas to improve inbound recruitment strategy, collaborate with members of Marcom to operationalise and review strategy
- Maintain data hygiene and ensure data integrity on all systems
- Track and report on recruitment metrics
In 6 -12 months, you will
- Confidently conduct interviews, debrief and deliver feedback calls
- Independently champion and run with projects, with oversight and guidance
- Competently own and drive the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle for specific roles, seeking input and direction where needed
- Proactively propose and operationalise ideas to elevate candidate experience and recruitment processes
- Develop strong credibility and trust from internal stakeholders on your capability and alignment to company values and vision
We're cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment for all
This application contains custom questions that give you the opportunity to show us what you're capable of, instead of purely assessing you on your CV. We welcome anyone who is interested in this role to apply, regardless of whether you meet all requirements listed. If you have specific questions or ideas on how we can support you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.