Marketing and Communications – Web /
Working arrangement: full-time permanent
Location: Hobart, Tasmania (onsite only, no remote arrangement available)
About Savage Interactive
Savage is the team behind Procreate, the leading art application on iOS used by the world’s top creative professionals and millions of artists world-wide. We strive to empower creatives with intuitive and powerful creative tools, offering the best software experience and making it accessible.
Your role in empowering creatives
Procreate Folio is a platform where creatives can share their work and connect with a supportive and inclusive community. We’re looking to take Folio one step further - by developing a marketplace where creatives can make money, while guaranteeing high quality purchases for all.
In your role as backend engineer you will directly improve the lives of artists by helping to make this all a reality.
Experience in ecommerce and payment systems highly valued
This is a greenfield project - you will have the opportunity to shape the experience of our marketplace by contributing your expertise in ecommerce and payment systems.
Upholding our benchmark of exceptional quality, the following aspects of development will be front of mind for us:
- Balancing functionality with design aesthetics
Our current tech stack is PHP (Laravel), Vue.js, AWS, MySQL. Our team works flexibly, and cares most about fit-for-purpose technologies. Your ideas and contributions are valued.
Your role will focus on
- Developing the ecommerce functionality for Procreate Folio
- Payment integrations and ensuring secure transactions
- Backend infrastructure, optimising performance and scalability
- Leaning into other projects where required (our engineers wear many hats)
- Hands-on experience developing high volume ecommerce platforms and payment integration systems (Stripe, Braintree, Paypal)
- Backend expertise in infrastructure, architecture, performance and scalability
- Cloud computing experience
Our ideal person
- Appreciates fit-for-purpose technologies and ways of working
- Thrives in a high performance and at times, high pressure environment
- Is open-minded, seeks constructive feedback and enjoys collaborating with others
- Consciously elevates others around them