Marketing and Communications – Education /
The hidden gem of Tasmania
Nestled in unassuming Hobart is an industry-leading creative product company competing on the World stage. Procreate, developed by Savage, has received a coveted Apple Design Award and been the best-selling paid iPad app on Apple's App Store for the past four years. Savage brings together a rare breed of people who are exceptionally driven and dedicated to helping people unleash their full artistic potential.
We stand by producing the highest quality software and protecting creativity. We care about our work, our community, and most of all, each other. We’re looking for someone who shares these values and is excited to empower people with innovative, accessible, and intuitive software.
Your impact as Learning Coordinator
We’re looking for a multi-disciplined Learning Coordinator to expand our capability and reach in the global education sector. You’ll be fostering relationships and developing curriculum which shows the functionality and power of Procreate and its features.
You’ll connect with organisations and institutions in the education space and work directly with them to develop and deliver Procreate-specific lesson plans, workshops, tutorials, and other educational material both online and in-person.
This role sits within the Education team, and you’ll report directly to the CMO. This is a collaborative role which will see you work closely with existing members of the education team, our internal creative team, and software engineers. You’ll also have regular opportunities to work with external stakeholders and relevant business partners.
Areas of focus
- Develop entertaining and informative educational resources. The content you produce will be designed with teachers and educators in mind. Your challenge will be to create resources which highlight and explain Procreate features and functionality in a straightforward, beautiful and engaging way.
- Putting Procreate in the hands of individuals and organisations. Your work will not only inspire and empower young people but foster the adoption of Procreate in workplaces and professional industries. You will expand our network of B2B relationships by demonstrating interesting and practical use cases across a range of professional domains.
- Help build out the education team. You’ll work with existing members of the team to consolidate our materials and relationships with the view to grow our influence, our range of resources and the depth and breadth of our professional partnerships.
The skill set
- Deep and significant experience working with Procreate. This opportunity is for someone that is interested in creative work, that understands the power of Procreate and has a deep understanding of its features and functionality and a demonstrated ability to produce a wide variety of visual content in Procreate. You will be a regular, if not, daily user of Procreate, have a background in traditional art and be capable with a range of creative software – ultimately you will understand and be able to apply fundamental design principles.
- Experience in teaching or educational roles. You’ll have had experience developing and/or delivering educational material. Whether your experience is with children or adult learners, you will be comfortable with public speaking and be able to effectively convey information in the most appropriate way for the audience/group at hand.
- An interest and drive to share information and knowledge. You’ll have a passion for engaging with people and organisations to share your knowledge. This role is for someone who takes joy in seeing other people grow and achieve. Any experience you have had which shows your ability to lift others up will serve you well in this role.
- A history of successful networking and stakeholder management. A core function of this role is the ability to develop and maintain ongoing professional and mutually beneficial relationships. You will need to be comfortable engaging with people from an array of industries and walks of life on a regular and on-going basis - networking is something that gives you a sense of professional satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. Not only will you produce artistic content for lessons and tutorials, but you will also write the accompanying marketing and instructional copy. You will need to understand the needs and goals of the people you are working with and be able to articulate the value of Procreate to those people based on their specific requirements.
in 1-3 months you will...
- Complete our onboarding process and become familiar with your colleagues and our workplace culture and tech stack.
- Develop an understanding of our existing educational material and the external partnerships we have developed.
- Begin to establish new connections with external bodies and identify future potential partnerships.
in 3-6 months you will...
- Identify opportunities for expansion of our programs and produce new concepts and ideas for educational material and a long-term curriculum.
- Execute on some of your first concepts and start delivering workshops, tutorials and other teaching resources either online, in person or both.
in 6-12 months you will...
- Expand on the learning material you have developed and solidify new partnerships and relationships.
- Drive growth in individual and organisational uptake of Procreate.
- Identify areas for growth within the Education team and the skillsets, projects, and resources that will facilitate that.
We believe in cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment for all
Savage Interactive values diversity in our workplace and community. Discrimination of any kind is unacceptable to us. Our diversity is our strength, and we are constantly working to improve our practices to make sure that we are representative of the society and world in which we live. In our interactions, we make every effort to ensure that all people are provided with the assistance they need to participate in the interview process, the performance of their work functions and the general enjoyment of their life at Savage.