Embedded Hardware Engineer
Savi has a long history of providing high quality tracking and sensor hardware to the Department of Defense. Now we are developing new sensors and devices to intelligently interface into and provide data for Savi’s Internet of Things and Data Analytics engine.
Savi Technology is hiring an experienced Embedded Hardware Engineer excited by the prospect of combining the Internet of Things, Big Data and Wireless Sensors to create solutions that provide business and government with unprecedented visibility and insight into literally anything that moves across land, sea or air. We are agile and fast-paced. We use the latest “Big Data”, Machine Learning, and visualization technologies to analyze sensor and other data to provide our customers with the best actionable information possible. We provide end-to-end solutions that let managers and executives make decisions based on information and predictions literally learned from sensor, open and enterprise data.
If you believe “it’s all about the data” and are excited by the combination of a “can do” startup culture and the customer base and financials of an established company, and want use the Internet of Things to build solutions to tackle big real-world challenges, then Savi is right for you.
- Design embedded hardware products and sensors from requirements, to schematic capture, to mass production
- Perform design verification testing and regulatory certification of new products and existing products.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and operations to ensure that hardware products can be produced reliably and inexpensively in mass production
- Work closely with operations and field service teams to resolve customer technical issues
- Collaborate with firmware, software, and mechanical engineers to ensure that products meet customer requirements
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 3+ years in embedded systems hardware development and test
- Experience with full cycle hardware development from design to mass production
- 2+ years developing m2m or sensor based solutions
- An understanding of wireless technologies such as LTE, GPRS, Cellular, WiFi, BLE, and RFID
- Overall understanding of schematics and circuits
- Experience using Schematic Design and PCB Layout tools
- Cellular, WiFi and GPS location based services
- Designing reliable low power and low cost devices
- Hardware Systems Testing
- Using Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, RF Network Analyzers
- Design for high volume manufacturing and test
- Experience with regulatory certifications such as FCC, CE, and Safety
- Sensor integration
- BSEE or MSEE degree or equivalent experience
Even better, you also:
- Are excited by being a significant part of developing leading edge sensor solutions
- Are comfortable with the flexibility of high-agile environments
- Are interested in being a pioneer in the Internet of Things
- Have experience working in a fast paced and collaborative development environment
Savi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to offer employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/transgender status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.