Head of Observability
El Segundo, CA
Support – Cloud Operations /
Saviynt’s Enterprise Identity Cloud helps modern enterprises scale cloud initiatives and solve the toughest security and compliance challenges in record time. The company brings together identity governance (IGA), granular application access, cloud security, and privileged access (PAM) to secure the entire business ecosystem and provide a frictionless user experience. The world’s largest brands trust Saviynt to accelerate digital transformation, empower distributed workforces, and meet continuous compliance.
Saviynt is hiring a leader in Observability to help continue our hypergrowth through data driven, intelligent and automated operations. We expect the leader to be a role model to foster a culture of bias for action, and drive the “supportability & observability” initiative with other stakeholders from Saviynt R & D and Services organizations. This is a deep technical and hands-on role with a measurable impact towards Saviynt’s growth and profitability.
This role requires a leader who sets high standards for personal and team performance, moves quickly to assess the current situation, makes recommendations to executive leadership, and implements changes to support the business. Exceptional leadership and communications skills, and the ability to work cross functionally, are key success factors for this role.
WHAT YOU WILL DOING
- Define and manage the overall Observability - strategy for Saviynt cloud platform, tooling standards and the rollout plan in an agile manner
- Evolve and mature the current standards for Observability pillars - Logs, Metrics and Trace for the Saviynt cloud platform to consistently achieve SLA for uptime and performance
- Conduct periodic gap-fit analysis of the current systems and platforms to opportunistically identify areas & ROI, to improve customer experience through better monitoring and Observability
- Through metrics and incident data, identify key areas for automation that results in self healing or reduction of MTTR
- Lead, recruit, and inspire our Observability team as we grow our installed base
- Drive a feedback loop and insights on prioritization to the Product and Development teams to represent the needs of the customer-facing operations team as an extended leadership team member
WHAT YOU BRING
- 15+ years of software engineering experience, preferably the last 3 years directly designing, building and operating Observability tools and platforms at scale
- Very strong and hands on in at least one Observability product ex: managed public cloud services (Prometheus/Grafana) or SaaS offerings (ex: Datadog)
- Has analytical expertise for deeper data analysis and devise machine learning, AI strategies to achieve Operational Excellence
- Excellent hands on experience in Unix, Kubernetes, Public Clouds (Well Architected Frameworks), Scripting languages
- 5+ years experience as a people manager; successful leadership track record that includes building and scaling teams
- Able to easily work well at all levels
- Builds organizational relationships and fosters open communication
- Excels at cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business
- Knowledge of Identity Governance domain is a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Sick Time
- Holiday Parties
- Daily Catered Lunches
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Team Socials
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, learning and tremendous opportunities to grow and advance in your career. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Saviynt, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $220,000 to $250,000 annually.
You may also be eligible to participate in a Saviynt discretionary bonus plan, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Saviynt is an amazing place to work. We are a high-growth, cloud software company with phenomenal people, that is building the most innovative identity platform in the world. Your time at Saviynt will be worthwhile. You will experience tremendous growth and learning while being part of something you are helping to define and build from the ground up. Through challenging yet rewarding work, you will be able to directly impact our clients, all within a welcoming and positive work environment. If you're resilient and enjoy working in a dynamic high-growth environment you belong with us!