Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
El Segundo, CA
Research and Development – Engineering - Engineering /
Saviynt’s Enterprise Identity Cloud helps modern enterprises scale cloud initiatives and solve the toughest security and compliance challenges in record time. The company brings together identity governance (IGA), granular application access, cloud security, and privileged access (PAM) to secure the entire business ecosystem and provide a frictionless user experience. The world’s largest brands trust Saviynt to accelerate digital transformation, empower distributed workforces, and meet continuous compliance.
This opportunity is in the Saviynt Labs organization. We design, build and run the leading Enterprise Identity solutions. Our product teams innovate industry leading solutions. The engineering teams design, build and run SaaS software built on leading edge technologies. We focus on engineering excellence and we attract the best talent in our industry. Our cloud services are built on AWS, GCP and Azure with a global presence. Our customers love what we do and work with us to build the future customer experience at scale.
We are a distributed global R&D team that is extremely focused on building a platform that solves the toughest security and compliance challenges while helping Saviynt maintain its leadership position in delivering enterprise identity cloud solutions.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you’re a:
Collaborative Partner: Working side-by-side with business colleagues and interacting with customers, you’ll address their technical challenges and ensure quality through collaborative, test- and behavior-driven development.
Problem Solver: Complex problems often require innovative, creative approaches—and you’ll work to come up with outside-the-box solutions to solve them
Customer-Centric Developer: You understand who we’re here to serve and the products you develop will keep the end-user front and center
Forward Thinker: Merely fixing a problem isn’t enough – using your proactive mindset and initiative, you’ll also identify opportunities to enhance performance, quality, and efficiency
Motivated Mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Develop state-of-the-art enterprise identity cloud solutions
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Ability to start a program from scratch as well as maintain existing services
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Follow the true agile principles
WHAT YOU BRING
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Highly Proficient in Object Oriented Programming utilizing Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, REST and Microservices
- Hands on experience of designing and developing solutions based on core Java, SQL (MYSQL), RabbitMQ
- Experience working with Groovy on Grails, ElasticSearch and Redis is desired
- Excellent logical and Analytical Skills - should be able to articulate thoughts very clearly and precisely in English (written and verbal)
- Experience with modern software development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience with Git (GitHub/GitLab), automatic deployments, continuous integration
- Hands on experience using IntelliJ or Eclipse/My Eclipse IDE, writing Junit test cases, working with Maven/Ant
$115,000 - $165,000 a year
Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and consensus-building capabilities
Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
Proficiency in multiple programming languages and tools
Strong oral and written communication skills
Collaborative and adaptable working style with the ability to pair program
Demonstrate initiative and the ability to prioritize your time and efforts
A thorough grasp of technology concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture, and technical standards
Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
• Flexible work arrangements
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Unlimited Vacation
• Sick pay
• Daily catered lunches and healthy snacks at offices
• Team Socials
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, learning and tremendous opportunities to grow and advance in your career. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Saviynt, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $115,000 to $165,000 annually.
You may also be eligible to participate in a Saviynt discretionary bonus plan, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Saviynt is an amazing place to work. We are a high-growth, cloud software company with phenomenal people, that is building the most innovative identity platform in the world. Your time at Saviynt will be worthwhile. You will experience tremendous growth and learning while being part of something you are helping to define and build from the ground up. Through challenging yet rewarding work, you will be able to directly impact our clients, all within a welcoming and positive work environment. If you're resilient and enjoy working in a dynamic high-growth environment you belong with us!