QA Leader @ Scalac
QA Testers /
Team: QA Team
Are you passionate about technology and able to find all the bugs in the software?
Do you want to “Do the right thing”, deliver high-quality tech solutions & great products and lead the great QA team at the same time?
If you’ve responded positively to the above questions and want to work in a great, international team, that is passionate, creative, ambitious, open to knowledge-sharing, and loves to cooperate with each other - join Scalac!
We are looking for people like you!
As a QA Leader, you will:
- Take care of the whole QA team, be the flesh and blood leader.
- Advise less experienced teammates on how to plan and work effectively.
- Prepare a test plan based on specifications from clients.
- Support others in conducting successful analyses.
- Analyst and design tests.
- Select appropriate test tools.
- Making manual, automatic tests, and continuous integration.
- Prepare documentation of detected errors and report the results.
- Perform various types of tests, including software logic and user experience.
- Re-check of already fixed bugs.
- Independently set out priorities and sticks to them when completing tasks.
- Independently indicate and create solutions for areas requiring innovation.
- Independently make decisions even in high-risk situations.
- Predicts the occurrence of problems even in complex situations and discusses them before they manifest.
- Participate in planning and work estimation.
- Cooperate with different clients.
- Work with an international team and share knowledge, skills, and information with your teammates.
What do we expect from you?
- Experience in leading the team, being a mentor.
- The team-oriented mindset with a willingness to share your experience and knowledge.
- Testing skills at an advanced level.
- Advanced level of knowledge of software for tracking errors, defects.
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Gridna at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of Cucumber-JVM, JBehave, MonkeyTalk, Appium at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of Jenkins - tool for continuous integration at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of query languages to databases (eg. MySQL) at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of the version control system (eg Git) at an advanced level.
- Be able to independently make decisions, foresee, and take full responsibility for their eventual consequences.
- Having a proactive approach, the “can do” attitude to be able to suggest solutions influencing the increase of teamwork efficiency.
- Independence in your tasks and decisions while keeping the rest of the team in mind.
- Growth mindset, willingness to learn, problem-solving skills, and being a real team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English so you can communicate with our clients freely.
Which technologies do we work with?
- Manual testing skills: Documentation (test & use cases, test scenarios), Exploratory Testing, Acceptance Testing, Cross browser testing, ISTQB Knowledge, Integration Testing
- Framework for automating testing: Selenium WebDriver, PyTest, Cucumber, JUnit
- Performance Testing: JMeter, Gatling
- Backend Tests / API Testing: Postman, SwaggerUI, Requests(Python), Rest Assured (Scala/Java)
- Testing environment: IntelliJ, PyCharm, Android Studio, xCode
- Mobile Tests: iOS, Android, Charles ProxyCI\CD: GIT, Jenkins, Docker
- Databases: SQL, NoSQL
- Reporting tools: Jira, Excel, Confluence, Salesforce
- Other: AWS S3, Kibana
What you can expect from us?
- Work in a start-up atmosphere
- Great customers and projects to work with
- Opportunity for professional development (+ development budget)
- Unforgettable team meetings
- Plenty of independence and responsibility
- Regular feedback and evaluation
- Possibility of working in an unusual and comfortable office in Gdańsk
- Best work equipment
- Monthly salary - in the amount of 11 500 - 15 500 net PLN / month on b2b contract
Scalac is a software house that is present on the market since 2014. We are a remote-friendly company with HQ in Gdansk, and over 120 employees on board in 22 locations. Scalac is a Team! This is crucial. We love to work together. We specialize in system development based on Functional Programming Languages. We are mainly focused on Scala, but we also have Frontend, DevOps, Data, QA, and operations teams. Most of our clients are foreign (over 50% from the US) and most of our employees work as consultants.
Our Happiness Recipe:
- Work hard
- Have fun
- Do the right thing
Do you feel that Scalac is a place where you can see yourself? If you do, apply, so we can get to know each other.
Let’s work hard, have fun, and do the right thing together!