Account Executive @ Scalac
Business Development /
Join Scalac Business Development Team!
As Scalac grows we are expanding our Business Development Team and are looking for a new Teammate to join us. The right candidate will have a strong sales and customer service background as well as some solid experience in the IT area, ideally in a software house environment. In this role, you will be responsible for finding business opportunities and managing customer relationships. Your main focus will be on identifying opportunities with prospects and new clients and developing them into long-term business relationships.
As the Account Executive you will:
- create and implement an effective sales strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Scalac to our Clients (managing the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal)
- create detailed business plans designed to attain predetermined goals
- strengthen the Scalac brand through specific brand events and initiatives
- develop and widen a contact network that allows Scalac services to be sold broadly and effectively; discover new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long-term partnerships
- cultivate trusting relationships with customers; take the role of an advisor to help them solve their business challenges and through value-add interactions
- present our services to prospective clients
- provide professional after-sales support to maximize customer loyalty
- remain in regular contact with your clients to understand and meet their needs
- respond to complaints and resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction and to maintain the company’s reputation
- negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
What we need:
- proven experience as an Account Executive, or similar sales/customer service role
- knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- a successful track record in software sales/at least 2 year of professional experience working in software projects
- knowledge of software management methodologies like Scrum, Agile, Kanban and tools like Jira, Github, etc.
- basics of software development knowledge
- excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build solid trusted business relationships
- dedication to your team by looking for ways you can help them grow together
- advanced English is a must
- we work in a flat environment, so we value equality, being communicative, open-minded and not afraid of new things happening around/taking an initiative
- great customers to work with (small, agile, startup-ish clients AND bigger well-respected ones, Western Europe companies).
- freedom (team decides) to choose conventions and work tools.
- bonuses for nurturing new prospects, closing deals and meeting team goals!
- best work equipment (MacBook, professional chair, second big screen).
- opportunity for professional development (unlimited books budget, a budget for training, opportunities to travel to technical conferences).
- regular company-wide retreats - we meet in-person to work and play together.
- working with the international team.