Junior IT Project Manager @ Scalac
Project Management /
JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Team: Project Management
Are you passionate about technology and hungry to work with and sharing knowledge with awesome, proactive people?
Do you want to lead the dev teams by delegating tasks in order to “DO THE RIGHT THING”?
If you’ve responded positively to the above questions and want to work in a great, international team that is passionate, creative, ambitious, open to knowledge-sharing and loves to cooperate with each other - join Scalac!
We are looking for people like you!
As a Junior Project Manager, you will:
- Build a positive relationships with clients by providing added value to the projects and building a positive image of Scalac
- Motive our teams and boost their effectiveness (delegate tasks, verify progress and provide feedback)
- Research the client's needs and adequately respond to them, proposing satisfactory solutions and acquiring knowledge about the client's business
- Learn how to manage the IT projects using classic and agile methodologies in practice
- Learn to negotiate and reach a right solution, beneficial to the organization
- Learn how to manage the project plans in a way that ensures their success Learn how to estimate the costs of projectsGet some practice in the risk management in projects
We expect from you the perfect mix of engagement and willingness to learn. As a junior, you will have the opportunity to have ambitious tasks and will be provided with support from our side.
What do we expect from you?
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must-have
- Knowledge about leading software projects and passion for IT
- Basic skills of delegating tasks, motivating and conflict solving
- Good communication skills and being a team playerFlexibility, self-organization and ability to prioritize task effectively
- Ability to maintain appropriate contact with the client, ask relevant questions to determine customer needs and negotiate effectively
- At least theoretical knowledge of classical and agile methodologies
- Efficiency in managing and juggling multiple projects and priorities with the ability to see and understand the bigger picture
- Willingness to get the job done and lack of “it’s not my area of expertise” approach as we value T-shaped people
- Nice to have: previous experience as software developer, tester, scrum master or team leader
What you can expect from us?
- Work in a start-up atmosphere
- Great customers and projects to work with
- Opportunity for professional development
- Unforgettable team meetings
- Plenty of independence and responsibility
- Regular feedback and evaluation
- Possibility of working in an unusual and comfortable office in Gdańsk
- Best work equipment
- Monthly salary - in the amount of 2200-3500 PLN net (UoP)
Scalac is a software house that is present on the market since 2014. We are a remote-friendly company with HQ in Gdansk, and over 120 employees on board in 22 locations. Scalac is a Team! This is crucial. We love to work together. We specialize in system development based on Functional Programming Languages. We are mainly focused on Scala, but we also have Frontend, DevOps, Data, QA, and operations teams. Most of our clients are foreign (over 50% from the US) and most of our employees work as consultants.
Our Happiness Recipe:
-Do the right thing
Do you feel that Scalac is a place where you can see yourself? If you do, apply, so we can get to know each other.
Let’s work hard, have fun, and do the right thing together!